Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Class Action Suit In The Works

Default iPhone 4 Class Action Suit In The Works
    Just came across this while looking for any updates on the reception issue on Google. Didn't see it anywhere on here.

An iPhone Class Action Suit Is in the Works

The California law firm that sued Facebook and Zynga over scammy gaming ads is setting its sights on Apple, investigating a possible class action over reception problems with the new iPhone.

Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff, LLP is looking for people who "recently purchased the new iPhone and have experienced poor reception quality, dropped calls and weak signals." That's the same firm that filed a federal class action suit over deceptive "offer" ads in games like Mafia Wars and Farmville. In the case of the fourth-generation iPhone, released last week, the phone shows fewer reception bars if you hold it wrong; Apple has suggested gripping it different.

There is evidence other phones may have had problems when gripped a certain way. But none generated the number of public complaints or level of controversy associated with the iPhone 4. So when Steve Jobs personally suggests to users to "avoid holding it in that way," he's handing the likes of KCR some valuable legal ammunition.
    Link to law firm:

CONSUMER INVESTIGATION: iPHONE 4 Dropped Calls and Reception Problems

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't get this: I'm all for consumer rights, but if you're having reception problems with your iPhone 4, you already have the only right you need -- the right to return the damn thing and get a full refund.

I'd like it if more people would save lawsuits for situations where consumers really don't have any power.