Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 antenna issue escalated....!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a case with AT&T going right now. I have to do a full restore tonight and set it up as a new phone and not from a backup like I did when I got it. I will post something here if that helps or doesn't help.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

I tested 20 floor models at an apple store and they all had the problem including the phone of the rep that was helping me.

They exchanged my phone anyway but that one had the problem as well.

Looks like all you can do is get a new phone or get a case or hold the phone a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by blainesill View Post
    Leaked: Apple’s internal iPhone 4 antenna troubleshooting procedures Boy Genius Report)

I guess I shouldn't bother waiting, and just go ahead and return them.
    This is the thing I'm confused about. As it is right now we already purchased the phone and agreed to a 2 year contract. If we get refunded what happens? If we are refunded and repurchase one since theyre not offering replacements wouldnt we have to open another 2 year contract (with our old one still in place from the 1st phone)??

Quote Originally Posted by loujob View Post
    I tested 20 floor models at an apple store and they all had the problem including the phone of the rep that was helping me.

They exchanged my phone anyway but that one had the problem as well.

Looks like all you can do is get a new phone or get a case or hold the phone a different way.
    Youre lucky you even got it exchanged. They refused a exchange to me but yet the problem is still there. I just dont know what to do anymore.

Ya the guy told me the reception issue is not replaceable, wtf I mean warranty right?? But I said my proximity sensor is also malfunctioning and that it sometimes turns on when I'm talking. So I get a replacement tomorrow and hopefully no reception issue on my new phone. On the downside I gotta wait 5 days for my Invisible shield replacement to ship because the new phone would need one, but I'm going on vacation in 2 days what to do what to do lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Refurbished
    On the subject of refurbished!

Been dealing with refurbished for quiet a few years! Electronics not Iphones!

1. A refurbished unit is one that was sold new and had a problem and was replaced with a news one and the bad unit was sent back to the manafacture and is supposed to be repaired to manufacture specs! Never have I seen a new product replaced with a refurbished one except with Apple! Usually it is sold as refurbished at about 20% off regular selling price!

2. Lets say warranty on the item new is 1 year! The refurbished unit has been repaired to manufacture specs by there service people! Usually these are farmed out to some electronic repair company! But anyway the phone is repaired and up to new status, but the refurbished unit will have probality no more than a 30 day warranty! If the manufacture beleives the item is like new then why not 1 year warranty?
    There reason and mine are the same here! If its is new failed unit then it will probality fail again and yes it usually does! I am not talking about any insurance plan on the item!

3.The choices here are but 2 either accept the refurbished unit or ask for a full refund!

On a personal note I will not sell any refurbished unit as your going to either loose money or loose a customer in the end!

On another note look at stores, local or online and Cir Cit is a good example and just see how long the refurbished unit is warranted for!

This is not going away for Apple, its something they are going to have to deal with and I don't mean just simply become right handed when you are left handed!

The Department of Justice is looking into Apple and this is just more they will go for!

You all know about the Senate Inquire over privacy!

All I can see down the line for Apple is trouble and grief!

On the funny side I bought a Sears calulator several several years ago! Warranty was great one year!
    The calculator failed I took it back to Sears they gave me an new one and two weeks later I received the old failed one, yes it was not repaired! At the end of the year I had one still working and eight that they had returned to me. Yea I took it back that many times!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-06-30 at 03:15 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks like a full restore and setup as a new iPhone has fixed my reception issues. I know some people don't want to buy a case but I think if you don't your stupid cause your just gonna get it messed up.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

I think this thread should be for people with the problem and regardless of what Apple says...be persistent and escalate the issue. They sill be forced to give us a solution.

Let us know your experiences with them about this issue here. Hopefully they finally provide a fix.

they can not refuse a refund or exchange within 14 days...for any reason.

If you are not happy with it you can demand a refund /exchange.

Just to add a little bit...

I'm in the UK with a Sim Free iPhone. I had it replaced on Sunday for the reception issue as well as having a bit of plastic stuck between the casing.

My reception issuse persisted with a new phone, then a new Micro Sim - so yesterday I decided to try another carrier. I swapped my O2 Micro Sim for an Orange one... and unsurprisingly, the signal was dreadful too.
    I sat next to my friend at work with his 3GS both sitting 1ft away from each other on the same table. He had 3-4 bars of 3G... and mine had 3 bars of 'o' - both on the same network.
    My hands were nowhere near the phone - just the reception is terrible.

So thats 2 phones, 2 O2 Micro Sims, and an Orange Sim (cut to Micro Sim size) I've tried. All have the same signal issue.

On another note - today at the supermarket I had a full 3G signal which worked pretty damn fast. It just seems that the iPhone 4 has a much less powerful antenna than most other phones.

I don't really care about the 'death grip' - as I never hold a phone like this anyway. I'm just annoyed at how poor the general signal is.

@ancient apparently they refused me and others here for a exchange due to the reception

@bobright....if you bought it in store, then make an appointment and don't mention the antenna just say you are not happy with it.
    They have 14 day no quibble warranty.

Same if you bought it on-line.

You will probably have to wait 3 weeks for a new one!
    Last edited by ancient; 2010-06-30 at 11:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ancient View Post
    @bobright....if you bought it in store, then make an appointment and don't mention the antenna just say you are not happy with it.
    They have 14 day no quibble warranty.

Same if you bought it on-line.

You will probably have to wait 3 weeks for a new one!
    15% restocking fee too. Or am I mistaken?

I have the spec candy shell case on mine and I have no reception issues.

@windmeel you are mistaken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12