Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 and reception

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 and reception
    Well I guess I am one of the many that is having reception/loss of bar problems. I even have a hard/rubber gel case on my phone and not doing the death grip on it and still lose reception. They better do something about this quick. I paid a lot of money to get this phone.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

we should all just return them on day 29 so apple will then do something about it, but if we just post and call and complain without doing anything about it, then apple will just laugh their way all the way to the bank.

Thanks

Ya I don't know what to do. I've already sold my 3G which didn't have issues like this, atleast I don't remember it doing this.

Is anyone else having signal problems without holding the phone in the 'death grip'?!

I got my iPhone 4 on launch day and find the signal to be pretty terrible even when its sitting on a desk. Yes, I can hold it in a weird way and make the signal drop out totally - but thats not my problem.
    The problem is that I got a 3-4 bar '3G' signal with my old HTC HD2 at my work... and now I get a couple of bars of 'o'... which is like using a 24k modem!
    I change my phone more often than I should, and in the last 18 months I've had 3 HTC's, 1 x Nokia, 1 x Samsung, an iPhone 3G and a 3GS. All of these have had similar signal levels which are fine.
    Now I have this new fancy 'multimedia phone' - and I can barely check my mail or get on the internet at work... which is where I spend 9 hours of my day!
    I absolutely love the iPhone 4 when at home with my WiFi connection... or even in some places I get a decent 3G signal... but at work its pointless!

I had the handset replaced yesterday at my Apple Store, and the 'Genius' told me to try getting a new Micro Sim as mine had a scratch. So a new Sim and a new phone... and today at work it was exactly the same.

I was told there will be a software update to 4.1 (or 4.01?) in the next few days which will resolve the antenna issue. I'm going to hang on for a few days and see if it gets better. If not, I may have to return the phone and hope they fix it.

My iPhone 4 is Sim Free, so I've tried another network provider in my HTC HD2 and the iPhone 4 in my house a minute ago. The HTC HD2 gets a full 5 bar '3G' signal, and the iPhone 4 gets a 3 bar 'o' signal.

I don't know what to do as I love the phone - but it seems pretty pointless keeping it if I can't use it at work for the things I usually use my phone for.

Thanks

There are a lot of people that are having the same problem you are. Thats way I started this thread; to throw out my complaint to the world.

I hope Apple come up with an easy solution - as I really don't want to give back the iPhone 4... but if there is nothing that can be done, then I guess I'll have to.