Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found a quirk in iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Found a quirk in iPhone 4
    I got my iPhone 4 32GB Saturday. Hooked it up to my PC to re-sync everything. And once it was done I noticed a little quirk. I previously had a jailbroken/unlocked 3G with SBsettings and had the WiFi indicator set to numeric. In certain apps on my iPhone 4 you can still see the numbers instead of the bars (SMS).

I guess if I was to do a restore and set it up as a new iPhone that would take the numeric indicator off in some parts of the phone's software? Any thoughts?

Another thing I just noticed was my Battery number is there too. I had that option on in my jailbrake as well
    Last edited by mmurphmsu; 2010-06-28 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    I got my iPhone 4 32GB Saturday. Hooked it up to my PC to re-sync everything. And once it was done I noticed a little quirk. I previously had a jailbroken/unlocked 3G with SBsettings and had the WiFi indicator set to numeric. In certain apps on my iPhone 4 you can still see the numbers instead of the bars (SMS).

I guess if I was to do a restore and set it up as a new iPhone that would take the numeric indicator off in some parts of the phone's software? Any thoughts?

Another thing I just noticed was my Battery number is there too. I had that option on in my jailbrake as well
    Yeah, I restored my new 4 from backup as well and my I used MakeItMine to replaced AT&T with iPwned and that transfered over.

Fresh restore will take care of those problems. Certain system files that were modified before the upgrade got carried over through the backup.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic View Post
    Fresh restore will take care of those problems. Certain system files that were modified before the upgrade got carried over through the backup.
    I love it

Same here with the MiM. Mine still says Cory instead of AT&T. Pretty cool I think cause I'm the only one who can do that pretty much. I still can't wait till a JB is released so I can do a clean install.

yep emoji stayed from my backup

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smittyjf View Post
    yep emoji stayed from my backup
    Well thats not a jailbroken app. Thats what i am talking about.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.