Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Response to Signal Issues

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Apple's Response to Signal Issues
    “Gripping any phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your Phone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.”

Apple Issues Statement on iPhone 4 Reception

I don't even had 1 bar if holding the phone or leave it untouch

Great design apple......

We should go back to actually antennas lol imagine that on an iphone

Everybody is obviously going to believe what they want, but just for the sake of experiment, I tried this on both my iPhone 4, my daughters 3gs, and both my parents parents samsung phones which are on Verizon. The result was the same on all four phones, there was an average of a 3 bar drop in service when holding all 4 phones in the same fashion. The Verizon Samsungs happened when holding with the right hand and the iPhones with the left. This leads me to believe what Apple has said, it just seems that the iPhone 4 is more noticeable with the outside antenna.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

That is why the bumper was made now I know.

Think about it a **** "case" which only covers the steel band around the iPhone4, they knew the gap in the steel band once merged by our fingers makes the signal go down or even drop calls for some.

I am trying my best still can not make it lower bars.

Like the person before me posted you can lower cellular reception on almost all phones by covering up the outside with your hands.
    Last edited by zmanforever; 2010-06-25 at 03:52 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Heres what Steve Jobs said..