Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Modem 01.59.00

Livin the iPhone Life vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Modem 01.59.00
    My modem firmware for the iPhone 4 is 01.59.00

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Congrats???

yeah my iPhone is the same...i thought it was weird...and i looked at capacity and it said 14 gb's...anyone else like this?

Quote Originally Posted by urfriendlazy View Post
    yeah my iPhone is the same...i thought it was weird...and i looked at capacity and it said 14 gb's...anyone else like this?
    When companies like Apple, DELL, HP, Western Digital, so on advertise the size bigger then what you are getting is not False. Here is why The difference in capacities is due to two different methods for defining what exactly the prefixes mega, giga, tera mean. In the computer world, these prefixes have different meanings depending on what exactly you are talking about. Hard drive manufacturers report the size of hard drives using the decimal definition of these terms (10^6, 10^9, 10^12 resepctively), whereas operating systems and other software use the binary definition of these terms (2^20, 2^30, 2^40).

I hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    When companies like Apple, DELL, HP, Western Digital, so on advertise the size bigger then what you are getting is not False. Here is why The difference in capacities is due to two different methods for defining what exactly the prefixes mega, giga, tera mean. In the computer world, these prefixes have different meanings depending on what exactly you are talking about. Hard drive manufacturers report the size of hard drives using the decimal definition of these terms (10^6, 10^9, 10^12 resepctively), whereas operating systems and other software use the binary definition of these terms (2^20, 2^30, 2^40).

I hope that helps
    I kind of understand that but the weird thing is. Even when I plug my iPhone 4 into iTunes or in the settings it says that the capacity of it is ONLY 14 GB. Normally it should say 16 GB, 32 GB or whatever.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-1.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post

I hope that helps
    Lol I thought that too but his pic actually says 14.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

2 gb reserved for system...

They've always been that way.

Thanks

True but my states 14.3 capacity on my 3GS so how did the iPhone 4 come to an such an even number.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone3G[S] View Post
    01.59.00 == 5.13.04
    Not so much
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

01.59.00 == 5.13.04
    And this info comes from?

01.59.00 == 5.13.04
    Strange

And completely untrue.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

the iOS4 is a huge file...alot bigger than 3.1.3 I believe so the actual operating system software partition is larger than previous models.

Can the iPhone 4.0 firmware 01.59.00 model MC, be jailbroke

I have a 3GS 4IOS WITH 5.13.0 firmware, I am not with AT&T they show the phone turned off, however I it works.
    Is it considered unlocked?
    Can I jailbreak? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by sjsonroad; 2010-07-21 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1) No - not yet.
    2) What do you mean "I am not with AT&T they show the phone turned off, however I it works"? If you mean you are using a SIM from another carrier in a phone locked to AT&T then it is unlocked.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Att does not show # on account
    I still have ability to get on the web, my sim is a hold Cingular
    Is there any way to break the phone. Thank you in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjsonroad View Post
    Att does not show # on account
    I still have ability to get on the web, my sim is a hold Cingular
    Is there any way to break the phone. Thank you in advance
    Do you have an Icon on the SpringBoard named Cydia?

No, in fact I tried blackra1n and it was stuck on his pic. I fixed that problem, and then a few hours later I was not paying attention when phone was connected to iTunes, and it updated.
    Is there anything possible to some how unlock and jail brk?
    Thanks for replying

yes it can be jailbroken and cannot be unlocked get your facts straight

Jailbreakme.com will jailbreak, the new UltraSn0w is likely to be released within 24 hours to unlock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast