Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Upgrade Nightmare, False Advertising!

Default AT&T Upgrade Nightmare, False Advertising!
    Ok, I'm going nuts over this, so I'm posting this to see if anyone else has this same problem. I have an AT&T Premier account, I have 5 iPhones on my account, and when I log in 4 of my 5 lines show the upgrade price to be $199 for the new iPhone 4 16GB and $299 for the 32GB. I can't order it online because it says it's out of stock, but when I try to pre-order through Apple, it shows prices of $399 for the 16GB and $499 for the 32GB. I printed out the website screenshots with the prices it shows me, and I went down to the AT&T store, and they also show the $399 and $499 prices on their system. I showed the employee the printed pages and even went as far as logging onto the AT&T website on my iPhone in the store in front of the employee and showing him the $199 and $299 prices, and he said that it is because I have a Premier Account, and I would have to call the Premier Services line to order the phones through them at that Price. I called the Premier Services line, and they also say they system shows the $399 and $499 prices. I told the guy on the line that their website shows the $199 and $299 price, I told him the AT&T employees all saw that on my phone when I logged on, I told him I have printed out pages and I went as far as taking video of me sitting in front of my laptop, logging on, and seeing the $199 and $299 prices, but they're refusing to sell me the phones for that price. They say their system shows $399 and $499, and that it must be an error in the system on my end. Regardless if it's an error or not, that is the advertised price they are showing me, I have proof of it, and they're refusing to honor that price.

Anybody else having this problem?

when did you buy those iphones that you have now?

Late Summer last year. The issue is that they're not honoring an advertised price, even after I logged onto my account in the store and showed them my prices listed. Wether it's an error on the account or not, they should honor the advertised price. I've had my account for over 10 years and pay over $3,000 for their service on my 5 iPhone lines. I do believe this qualifies for false advertising, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Where on the site do they say they honor advertised price. They go by your upgrade date. If it is after 2010 then they will give you a partial upgrade of 399/499 but anything in 2010 gets the 199/299. What is the date of the upgrades on your account?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

No website or printed article ever says guarantee advertised price. If a company advertised a price and you go to their store, they have to honor that price. The upgrade dates show 2011 dates, but for whatever reason their website shows my upgrade price to be $199 and $299. It specifically says "Your Price" when I'm logged in and check the upgrade price today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

If the dates are 2011 then that is how they know. Anyone with a 2011 date gets the 399/499 price not matter what. My date is like 1-28-2011 and I have to pay the partial discount.

The site could be messed up. ATT strictly goes by your contract dates on the screen.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

I'm just upset that when I log into my account and click on the link to upgrade my phones, it gives me the $199 and $299 prices for MY upgrade price. I feel they should honor a price they're advertising me. 4 of my lines show the $199 and $299 price. The 5th line shows the $399 and $499 price, which is fine, I'll pay that much for that line, but they should honor the price on the other 4 lines their website is giving me when I'm logged in.

I had the same thing happen to me. They screwed up my account. Offered the 299 price for the first 2 days of sales and wouldn't let me buy it. Then when I could finally get it to checkout they change the price to 499 and said I was eligible for the 299 on 7-12-10. A-holes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well, they go by upgrade dates, not by system errors. Its like if someone goes into a store changes the shown pricing on an item to be less than what it really is, then you come in and see that price and want it at that price. Its an error, which is why they go by upgrade dates to ensure your truly eligible. Life is a box of chocolates, sometime an iPhone isn't in it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

not to highjack your thread, but i upgraded one of my accounts to use for myself since the line that was available for 199 is not in use. i got the phone today and i cant even change the number i want to use on the iPhone 4 unless i go at&t and wait in line for a new sim card. kinda useless to pre-order since i got to wait in line they said for a new sim
    Macbook Pro 13 inch
    24 inch iMac
    16GB iPhone 4