Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 9.2 and iPhone backup's

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iTunes 9.2 and iPhone backup's
    Did anyone notice the extra ordinary long time it took to do a back up with the iPhone with 9.2? I did mine on saturday and I think it took 3 hours!!! I don't have that much on it either. Its a 3G 16GB jailbroken. My wife's 3Gs took just as long. I thought it was unusual.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphmsu View Post
    Did anyone notice the extra ordinary long time it took to do a back up with the iPhone with 9.2? I did mine on saturday and I think it took 3 hours!!! I don't have that much on it either. Its a 3G 16GB jailbroken. My wife's 3Gs took just as long. I thought it was unusual.
    I didn't really time mine but it took a LONG time for it to backup my 3gs wasn't 3 hours though!

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Well 3 hours may be exaggerating a little. But it did take a lot longer than it normally does. I can usually just sit at my computer and wait a few minutes and it gets done fairly quickly. But once that first backup was done, any other backup I have done has gone by pretty quick.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My 3GS backup was super fast. Less than a minute for sure. Maybe the first one was a bit longer, but less than 5 minutes. I only have about 1GB free so lots of music, pictures and videos on it as well.

Mine backed up very fast, though did notice small changes in my address book contacts which all of a sudden 39 were deleted and 34 added for no reason what so ever (no duplicats but that change was just odd)

Unhappy Trying to upgrade 3G to iOS 4.0 - backup takes forever!
    I'm over an hour into the upgrade and the green progress bar in iTunes is only about 10 percent of the way there. Hmmm... I guess I'll check it tomorrow morning!