Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New O2 Data caps

Default New O2 Data caps
    O2 have always sold the iPhone with 'unlimited' data - although, unlike in America, here in the UK the 'unlimited' data was subject to an excessive usage cap of 1Gb but not with the iPhone 4!

25/30/35 tariffs now have a cap of 500Mb
    $40/45 tariffs get 750Mb
    60 gets a massive 1Gb

These are on the 24 Month plan - add 5/ Month for 18 Month plan.

I may be missing something but I can't see how much you actually pay for the phone itself - for our American friends, unlike in the USA the price you pay for the phone normally reduces the more you pay monthly and the phone itself is normally free on the higher tariffs.

From October you can buy bolt ons 500Mb for 5 or 1Gb for 10

I think I'll stick to my 3Gb limit with T-Mobile, I pay 22/month (Incl Flext35) but do, of course have to buy the phone outright

Source: http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html
    Last edited by confucious; 2010-06-11 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Source link added
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

o2 prices are going to be released 15th June according to a woman in the o2 shop.

If you sign up for an 'unlimited' data package before 24th June you will be able to take advantage of that for as long as you stay on that tariff.

Everyone is mad keen to know how much the phone is going to cost, as this will inform whether or not they can afford to buy into one of these unlimited data plans.

As it is, provided the iphone 4 costs less than 500 it makes a lot of sense to buy it independently and get onto the SIMplicity tariff before 24th June.

This way you can take advantage of the cheaper monthly bills (20/month for 300mins, unlimited texts) in addition to the 'unlimited data' which is subject to their now patent 'fair use policy'.

As long as you have an old iphone to sell/recycle, you should be able to keep a low tariff with unlimited data and purchase an iphone 4 that you have yourself subsidized using the cash from your old iphone.

In theory I will be cutting my monthly bill down and should end up paying around 250-300 extra for the new device.
    Last edited by sunbeam83; 2010-06-11 at 05:30 PM.