Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Download Spirit to Jailbreak iPhone/iPod/iPad + Video + Full Guide with Steps

Default Download Spirit to Jailbreak iPhone/iPod/iPad + Video + Full Guide with Steps
    Ok soulthoughts I'm sorry but there's alot of images:
    Here it's guys !!
    Here's the Steps to Jailbreak iPod touch 3G on OS 3.1.3 & iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1.3 & iPad 3.2 with Spirit:

First: iPad 3.2 Jailbreak with Spirit:

• Download Spirit Jailbreak for Mac OS X & Windows At the end of the Page
    • Make sure to have iTunes installed (Download iTunes 9.1.1)
    • Connect your iPad 3.2
    • Run Spirit Jailbreak
    • Now click on Jailbreak button as shown in screenshot.

• Wait for Spirit to complete iPad jailbreak process, once you see “Jailbreak Complete!” message click on Quite button

• That’s it, you have successfully jailbreaked iPad 3.2 OS and you must see Cydia app in app list.

Second: iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1.3 Jailbreak with Spirit

• Download and install the latest version of iTunes (download link given below).
    • You will need to be on the official iPhone 3.1.2, or iPhone 3.1.3 firmware on your iPhone. Download links for iPhone OS 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 are given at the end of the post.
    • Download Spirit for Windows or Mac (download link at the end of the post).
    • Connect iPhone with your computer, Run “Spirit” and then Click on “Jailbreak”:

• Note for Windows 7/Vista Users (OS X users should skip to Step 5): Change the “Compatibility mode” to “Windows 98 / Windows Me” by right clicking on “Spirit.exe”, and then click on “Properties”. This can be seen in the screenshot below. [Thanks to xeon82 for this tip via twitter]
    • Don't Forget“Run this program as an administrator” option on the same window.

• Let the app do its thing and wait for the app to show “Jailbreak Complete!” message. At this point, wait for the iPhone to automatically reboot.

• Hola!! You should now have a fully jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS running on firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 – Untethered !.

Third: Jailbreak iPod touch 3G on OS 3.1.3 Untethered with Spirit

Steps to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G untethered with spirit are similar to that of jailbreaking iPad and iPhone. We have already written guides on how to jailbreak iPhone and iPad, so go up on this post and follow any of guides to Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G Untethered and steps are the same for Mac and Windows!!

Fourth: Backup Your SHSH Blob with Umbrella Firmware For Windows and Mac from Here

Fifth: Download Spirit Jailbreak [Direct Links]
    Download Spirit for Windows [Mirror Link]
    Download Spirit for OS X [Mirror Link]
    Last edited by AhmedOmar1994; 2010-05-05 at 04:42 PM.

this helped
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Interesting. Might have to try this out today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Why do people need a guide or a video for a "one click" solution?? How difficult can this be?

People need a guide or a video to give them an excuse to post links to their site.....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2010-05-03)

Stop posting links to your site.....mod edit.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2010-05-03 at 07:08 PM.

i need help.
    I accidentally upgraded my 3gs to 3.1.3 and is a new bootrum...i think....I never saved my SHs or whatever it is called with cydia or anyone else. I was able to jailbreak it with spirit...how can /i unlock the carrier?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You can't. spirit is not an unlock. You're stuck.

great.... any ideas on a solution?

Posiedon told you.
    You are stuck. There is no solution and there is not likely to be one until after 4.0 is released.
    You should not have updated.

I bought my iPhone 3Gs in hong kong and it has the new bootrom. And since my iphone is officially unlocked by Apple, will I have a problem when I jailbreak it with spirit?

No
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

is that good !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So... if I'm with the official carrier, I can upgrade to 3.1.3 and have an untether jailbreak? Do I still need to "make my life easy" with Cydia?

In less than a week iOS4 is out - is it worth upgrading to 3.13 now?
    Yes you do need your blobs on file with Cydia to be safe.