Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev - Team - Are they Apple Employees?

Default Dev - Team - Are they Apple Employees?
    Just a thought, but do the Dev - Team work for Apple?

Yes I'm a frustrated 3gs owner on jailbroken 3.1.2 but baseband 05.11.07....in other words no possibility to unlock.

Then you hear the Dev-Team only break every other baseband, don't except any donations and don't share the knowledge with those who have the time, skill and interest in breaking the baseband.

Is this a clever Apple ploy to entice us into buying more iPhones with the expectation of not being tied to the a provider. Just when you get there, they change all the codes and frustrate everyone, in turn creating more hype and yes....advertising!

Thanks

Haha. No they are not associated with apple at all
    Fun group of people.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

HAHAH no they are just Very Smart guys that know there stuff

I love hearing conspiracy theories.

Aliens have a base on the moon!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -937202-facepalm_implied_super.jpg  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

confucious (2009-10-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

well...

Thanks

Funny thread. Did you see the post from appuloha1l? Funny stufferss
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Is this related to project mogul and test-crash dummies? " In an infinite universe, all dreams are true"- Kenton

One1 - not seen that one before
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

to anyone who actually believes this...
    1. Many dev team members identities are known. for example, musclenerd's name is eric mcdonald and he lives in california, if there were any die hard dev team fans they could probably even find his exact location.
    2. musclenerd pumpkin and planetbeing all did a live presentation on hacking the iphone in europe, this would be very strange if they all worked for apple.
    3. Geohot most certainely does NOT work for apple. His complete bio ca easily be seen online and its a known fact that he works with google and a different cell phone company.

I do find this interesting though. in all seriousness i bet theres plenty of apple employees high on the chain that have accounts in the iphone hacking forums and they probably hop on irc every once in awhile too. Chances are out of the ~20 dev team members at least one works at apple in one way or another.
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by situ- View Post
    Then you hear the Dev-Team only break every other baseband
    You should do some research before posting your very first post. Nearly all the basebands are hacked by GeoHot not the Dev Team fyi.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    You should do some research before posting your very first post. Nearly all the basebands are hacked by GeoHot not the Dev Team fyi.
    Geo does JB not unlock (at least now - has he ever done an unlock?) and JB is independent of BB. The Dev Team only unlock every other BB.
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-10-16 at 04:38 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Geo does JB not unlock (at least now - has he ever done an unlock?) and JB is independent of BB. The Dev Team only unlock every other BB.
    I'm sure the 1st iPhone unlock was done by him and the BL4.6/1.1.2OTB baseband that came with it(?)
    I heard the 3G unlock was based on the findings of GeoHot which were given to Dev Team.

Lol, yeh I know BB is independent of JB, I'm not new to the iPhone site

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Geohot found the 2.28 exploit. Geohot gave it to the dev team because he couldn't do anything with it and he knew the dev team already managed to unlock on the earlier basebands.
    Other than that geohot did not contribute anything on the 3g/3gs unlocks. He did do the original hardware unlock of the 2g though.
    I think people need to get their facts straight before posting rubbish.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Has anyone from said groups been approached by Apple for employement should be the question. I thought I read somewhere before the Sony did this also to the people that started to find small exploits on the PS3 that get closed quickly.

Thanks

AFAIK The Dev Team have not been approached by Apple for any reason

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

K, was just a curiosity. A lot of companies try to pull the very people that they play cat and mouse with. Instead of cat and mouse it would be cat and mouse sealing off the farm house from other mice.

im pretty sure geohot found both the yellowsn0w and ultrasn0w exploits, however both unlocks were actually implemented by the dev team...fyi has anyone heard of purplesn0w, geohot's unlock that he wrote not to long ago...
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast