Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: REAL Bogus 3.1 Custom Firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default REAL Bogus 3.1 Custom Firmware
    Hey Guys, never posted anything but I wanted everyone to know. I read about some strange things happening when people tried to jailbreak a 3G at 3.1 FW. There are real bad copies of the CUSTOM 3.1 Firmware out there. I got one by torrent and this is what happened.
    After the jailbreak I see first of all I have ICY along with Cydia. I purposely did NOT check the ICY install option. Then when I open Cydia, it opens and gives me a message that it is messed up and doesn't even know its own version. So of course, I try Icy. That opens and I get SBSettings installed then my phone restarts and I got one page. Thats it. No icons, no task bar. Phone icon? Settings icon? Second page with other icons?
    No.
    One page, no task bar, ONE icon and thats google. Only option is to press that if I want to do Anything right? NO way, I didn't. Fortunately I got my phone restored and even better, I didn't Lose anything but that could have been Nasty. Be careful guys, I thought I was careful about the torrent I got. I wish I had it to find what its called exactly. I destroyed it. I thought it might have been a bad copy of redsnow.8 at first but I dont think that was it. Be Careful.

I would never download anywhere but the official sites of the developers
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Lockerz member PM for inv

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I would never download anywhere but the official sites of the developers
    I dont think there is an Official site for CUSTOM 3.1 ispw is there?
    I forgot to mention I did get it Jailbroken at 3.1 successfully.
    thanks phillip84.

Oh you were talking about the 3.1 ISPW I mis understood. Download from here
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Lockerz member PM for inv

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

He was talking about the custom one. No site can "legally" host those files. Also the official ones here are linked to Apple.

Buy a Mac

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Victim of stupidity. If you'll just download anything from anyone gimme a minute and I'll whip you up something that'll keep you busy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Yeah Im stupid
    Stupid for making the Point to Say in my post that I WAS careful about what I downloaded. A stupid to think anyone would be thankful as opposed to try and shoot someone down any chance they can try. If Hundreds of people have a torrent and its got good comments you try it, thats how torrent sites work. Stick to the subjects and save your insecurities for some other blog. This is about iphones. Thats why I Dont post sh2t.