Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Viper Smart Start - iPhone Remote Start

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Viper Smart Start - iPhone Remote Start
    Pretty Bad *****!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QPOlb-oN4[/ame]
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-05-23 at 02:40 PM.

I just found out about this today. I'm actually an installer for Best Buy and I know for sure this will be going on my car!

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH....I haz Viper remote start.

Im checking into this right now

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks!! I am getting it for sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

A must have, but searching can't find any info yet.

Default Viper SmartStart...
    They are giving away 1 every 2 weeks on Facebook. All you need to do is become a fan.

Thanks

Do i take out my compustar pro alarm/starter for this?

Yes. It only works with Viper systems.

I just had Smart Start installed in my truck. It works with respect to locking, unlocking and starting the vehicle. If however the alarm goes off it doesn't notify you as I thought it was suppose to, you only find out if you start the app. Kind of pointless. So all the hype about not needing the key fob is just hype. I do realize it's new and I'm sure it will improve but for the $440.00 it cost me here in Ontario it may be going back.

Illusion_R

Thanks

All they really need to do is update the app to support Push Notifications...I'd contact Viper and ask
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

I have one also(Self Installed)and although I don't have the viper security system, there are feedback wires on the Viper starter relay box that take input if the security system (I believe anyone will do)is triggered, it will send that push notification to your phone (which the push message is just a basic alarm notification). I can find out the wires for sure, but they need to have a triggered input to send it.

Smitty

EDIT: It should have asked you if you want to recieve push notifications when you first install and open the program on your phone. If you answered no, you will have to change that in the main settings>Notifications>Viper smart start
    Last edited by smittyjf; 2010-05-18 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks for the responses.

I do receive push notification upon locking, unlocking and starting the vehicle and I get those immediately, its just the alarm doesn't seem to do it. I'm going back to the installer on Saturday and I'll mention the wiring setup smittyjf. It was their first install of the smart start so it may be a learning curve for them as well.

Thanks again,
    Illusion_R

Update,

I sent Directed an email regarding the Smart Start issue I was having, They replied almost immediately, Kudos to them. The problem was a glitch at their end with new activations. It seems to be working as it should now.

Illusion_R

Yes I have to admit, their customer service was great.

The reason I had to self install was that Best Buy sold it to my wife as a Christmas present. Sold her all the relays and key bypass, but after christmas whe an appt was calld for, they said "we dont install on BMW's" I was pissed especially since they knew up front exactly what kind of car it was going in when they sold it to her.

Anyway, BB wouldnt activate the cell module because they didn't install it, so I contacted DEI and had it done in 5 minutes.

Good company

Smitty

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What type of BMW do you have. I was planning on purchasing this Alarm also. I have an 04 7 series, do you think it will work?

2005 325xi