Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch 3rd gen not ready

Default iPod touch 3rd gen not ready
    AppleInsider | Technical issues could delay iPod camera upgrade [u]
    O no!

A person with a strong track record in predicting Apple's upcoming product launches recently told AppleInsider that the iPod maker has experienced technical problems (bad parts) with the cameras modules. The person said that it was uncertain whether the new hardware, which has been widely expected to debut at Wednesday's "Only rock and roll" media-centric event, would make the cut for early September retail distribution.

The report echos one published earlier Monday by Hardmac, the English-language version of French Apple news site Macbidouille.

For months, photos of third-party cases for the iPod touch and iPod nano with camera holes have been surfacing online, leading most to believe that the new hardware was essentially a foregone conclusion at the Sept. 9 keynote. Though there have been no such cases to support a similar upgrade for the iPod classic, one rumor has implied Apple's only hard drive-based player could also see a photographic upgrade. At the time, reports suggested that the line would be receiving 3.2 megapixel CMOS image sensors -- the same lens currently available in the iPhone 3GS.

Rumors of the camera upgrade cropped up long before the case evidence surfaced, but in recent months the evidence has become more convincing. One person even took photos and video of what was alleged to be a third-generation iPod touch prototype with a camera. That person even provided a teardown of the device, showing its inner workings.

With the latest tip provided to AppleInsider, it is unclear whether the debut of iPods with cameras has been scrapped from the Sept. 9 event entirely, or if the products will simply not be available for sale for some time after an unveiling.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Only one more day to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Only one more day to find out!
    It will probably be announced at the event either way but not released

Thanks

I am hoping for an update to AppleTV

I am hoping for an update to AppleTV
    if appletv had more features using the ipod and iphone that would be cool, then i would probably buy appletv if there were some cool features like that

Thanks

Well whatever they have planned, I am sure it will be cool. Nothing is better than an Apple event

Well whatever they have planned, I am sure it will be cool. Nothing is better than an Apple event
    Dude it's like we have our own little thread together without anyone else...precious

Thanks

I just killed it
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Is there a live feed? What time does it start (GMT - none of your pmt or whatever you call your time please )
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I know this PDT crap annoys me so much.

Anyhoo, I'm guessing 6:00PM, that's what the time they're usually at.

Thanks

It starts at 12:00

I knew it was something like PMT

Any idea of a live feed?

It starts at 12:00
    12 BST? GMT?
    or some made up time?
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-09-08 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Never a live feed.. I always follow the Engadet live blog updates. Gizmodo sometimes does it too...

When 3.0 came out Gizmodo were doing a 'live' feed.

That's the sort of thing I'm after

Thanks

It's PST and PDT depending on daylight savings for the pacific time zone (West coast with me )

Oh and I think Musclenerd recommend USTREAM, You're On. Free LIVE VIDEO Streaming, Online Broadcasts. Create webcasts, video chat, stream videos on the Internet. Live streaming videos, TV shows to someone asking him the other day...
    Last edited by angiepangie; 2009-09-09 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

64Gb $399
    32gb $299
    8Gb $199

But no camera? :S

But video camera on the iPod Nano!
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-09-09 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Seriously! But a nano with a camera... oh dear..
    This is going to get annoying..

bump, woah who knew this crap was actually true....it undeniable that has to be why there isnt a camera in there