Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tom Tom Navigation Released....BUT in NZ FIRST

Default Tom Tom Navigation Released....BUT in NZ FIRST
    lol this is weird....they have released Tom TOm in the new zealand store...NORTH AMERICA INCLUDED it doesnt make sence...they added it in other countries too if im not mistaken...

so the way to get it is...

Login to Appstore via iTunes.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page and switch your country to New Zealand.
    Then search for Tom Tom and you will see it.

and the App is for US/Canada Maps.

its also in the australia store so IF U WANT IT ENJOYYY lol

BUT I FIND IT STUPID THEY RELEASE A NORTH AMERICA VERSION IN OTHER COUTRNIES FIRST :P

but it should be here in the next 24 hours

http://ax.itunes.apple.com/WebObject...1%2526mt%253D8

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I am tempted to try it out

$124.99

Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-08-17 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sorry tomtom you're too late.

I'm quite happy with Sygic

so am i! lol but im ganna wait for some video reviews and feedback of people before i spend the money
    Last edited by Raptors; 2009-08-17 at 02:40 AM.

Thanks

I think the navigon gui looks better

Still think CoPilot is the best

Here in the UK TomTom is 59.99 and CoPilot is 25.99
    TomTom did say that it won't work without their car mount which includes an external GPS receiver and will cost megabucks on top of the software - but there is no mention of that on the App Store - I wonder if that is no longer necessary or if they will just they and sell it to you later when you complain that it doesn't work....

Interesting to see what's available on the UK app store - the attached image shows all the ones you can buy when you search for TomTom (and that's the order they show in!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -capture.png  
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-08-17 at 09:20 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

The tomtom receiver that will go with the software will definitely improve the iPhone's currently terribad GPS. Mine is so bad that it's like that locateME feature on 1.1.3- acurate-
    to the nearest mile
    Last edited by dale1v; 2009-08-17 at 09:35 AM.

The iPhone's built in GPS is truly appalling - far worse than any other phone I've had with built in GPS in the past few years.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

TomTom iPhone can work nicely without its optional hardware.

The GPS reception varies from software to software. I find Sygic to be just as good as any of my winmo GPS, if not better. Sygic's GPS reception was quite bad in the first version. It got a lot better with the current version, and Sygic says it will improve even more with the next version. So, definitely it is not just the hardware, but also the software which determines the strength and stability. Navigon is having some problem during my tests. Not sure about Copilot but many people reported problem with it too. Sygic promised to improve the GPS signal even more in its next release.

Until this morning, Sygic was my favourite, but I know TomTom has already replaced that position, after looking at the information so far. UI just as good as Navigion's in my opinion. A lot more functionalities. I certainly like TT's navigation screen a lot more than Navigon's. You can read the road name easily, and all the main information are available without having to touch the top and bottom bar to rotate through those info.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 2009-08-17 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The iPhone's built in GPS is truly appalling - far worse than any other phone I've had with built in GPS in the past few years.
    Maybe its just crap in UK because i have been all over the states and have had it work excellently.

Anyways Sygic is horrid, the only 2 i like so far are iGO and Navigon. Navigon is my go to GPS app right now with the nice lane assist and good voice directions.

Hopefully Tom Tom is the best. I want ease of search for POI's and excellent route guidance.

Apparantly TomTom will work without the optional hardware.

The car mount, charger, handsfree kit though is going to cost a whopping 113.85 + software at 59.99.

More than my original TomTom cost....

Can't quite believe it's finally out!
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

Ok i just bought and installed it. Wow. I think im done trying out and testing all the nav apps. This one looks like the winner. Excellent UI, map renders fast while browsing, and really extensive route planning features. I also like the POI system so far.

Anyways ill take the app out tmrw for a test drive.

Have you tried CoPilot? IMHO the UI and POI is far superior to TomTom.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes, Copilot does look beautiful.

Just a couple of questions: Does it use pinching/spreading for map zoom and does it use the standard iPhone keyboard for entry?

Yes and no
    It has an alphabetical keyboard

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

TomTom in US AppStore now as well.

iTunes Store

$99.99 US
    kwickone I.T.H.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

CoPilot does look the best and it's half the price of others.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Yes i tried out copilot for 2 days and went back to navigon. It just didnt work for me.

Thanks

My buddy has copilot and I think Navigon is much better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast