Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Veency Updated for 3.0

Lightbulb Veency Updated for 3.0
    Thanx to @Saurik Veency is working for 3.0 users now. Here is his tweet from yesterday:

@Saurik: Finally got Veency on 3.x (3GS tested), fixed a serious bug in Cyntact (now with Favorites support), and handled some Five Icon Dock issues.

Posted 12 Jul 09 @ 10:07
    I have it installed and running flawlessly on my 32G iPhone 3gs 3.0, running w/ Real VNC Viewer on my Vista system. check it out and if you need tutorials just do a google search for iphone vnc tutorials.

Now Back to iPhone'n... out

"thuwun"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When the phone goes into standby mode the wifi connect automatically drops and the VNC connection is lost... how do we keep the wifi alive without putting the autolock on never?

Update.. insomina is 3.0 compatible.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-07-12 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    When the phone goes into standby mode the wifi connect automatically drops and the VNC connection is lost... how do we keep the wifi alive without putting the autolock on never?

Update.. insomina is 3.0 compatible.

I'm not sure about this... I'm not having this issue. it may be a JB issue, which JB are you using, i'm on rc1/rc2a???
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's not a jailbreak issue.. it's the way the iPhone is programmed.. when it goes into standby mode the wifi drops to conserve battery. When insomnia is installed and activated it keeps wifi alive. Now what I have tweeted saurik (with no response) is if there can be a setting to autoaccept the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It's not a jailbreak issue.. it's the way the iPhone is programmed.. when it goes into standby mode the wifi drops to conserve battery. When insomnia is installed and activated it keeps wifi alive. Now what I have tweeted saurik (with no response) is if there can be a setting to autoaccept the connection.
    oh ok gotya... i have actually tweeted him the samething if there was a way to set up an auto-connect password that can be entered into veency, and if matched by vnc client will auto-accept... keep me updated with results if any
    "thuwun"
    iPhone'n Always
    32G iPhone 3GS 3.0
    ra1n rc1/rc2a JB

Thanks
    hi, how to set 8-bit color depth trying it first time, got it connected but it's very slow

Yes it is slow. Lol. I'm sure there is another program like insomnia- i've seen one before I'll look for it and post if I find it

Insomnia works on 3.0!!!
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 2009-08-31 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Saurik's just tweeted:
    saurikFinally added a Settings bundle to Veency (for password support). Was much harder than it should have been (had to argue with libvncserver).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.