Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Discovery !! jailbreak/ultrasnow works with 05-08-01 (3.1 BB)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up New Discovery !! jailbreak/ultrasnow works with 05-08-01 (3.1 BB)
    I was one among the first few people who tried PURPLE RAIN jailbreak this morning. it worked right away using windows xp without any trouble.

however, one other reason for the jailbreak I was waiting for was to test 3.1 beta using iutilies sofeware where you can fake the system version and bypass the UDID activation code. I used this methode with the previous 3.0 betas.

anyhow. I was unsuccessful to bypass UDID activation. it seemed that purple rain recognized the iphone with 3.1 beta and said it was done jailbreaking but got stuck in the recovery mode awaiting on reboot which never happened.

I think upgrading the BB with the new 3.1 had no effect on the phone for jailbreaking at lease. I wanted to go back to 3.0. everytime at the end of the restore I was getting error 1016 and the phone gets stuck in the restore mode. I tried DFU mode without luck too. while I was so frustrated thinking about going to the apple genius bar I accidentally ran the purplerain.exe while the phone was still in the recovery mode connected to pc. The purple rain pic showed on my phone and instantly reboot on its own and got activated with 3.0.

My modem firmware is upgraded to to 05.08.01 and my phone is still jailbroken. cydia is flawless. and on top of that "despite I am a loyal at&t costumer" I confirm that ultrasnow works with this new baseband 05-08-01.

I have already requested UDID activation for 3.1 beta and I am gonna try to see if this jailbreak would do the trick.

-Romeo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lovemyiphone For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (2009-07-04)

Thanks

hell yeah, nice find....keep on it and report back to us witall updates. if it works, im going to 3.1 but stay locked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So I got to play with 3.1 for a bit. only few minor changes. however, I was very impressed with the voice activated BT. very sensitve and as acurate as holding the device in your palm speak through it.

I have pioneer avic N4 with BT. pretty neat !! the only issue yet I am thriving to solve is the phone book does not get transfered and I was very hopeful that the 3GS would solve that issue. anyhow. to throw this in here, for some reasons iphone w/3.1 does not charge with the Ipod cable in my car.

Just now I am going to spare few hours from friday night to try the purple rain on 3.1 and see if does work. I will update you !!

Thanks

waiting........

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    purple ra1n has almost worked to jailbreak 3.1. I think it needs a little of extra work. although it states that jailbreaking was complete but I could not find freeze file in the spring board. I have even tried to use Idemocracy to download cydia to the phone which kinda went through partially.

anyhow. the outcome of this little experiment was to an extend GOOD. as I said even if you downgrade from 3.1 and get BB upgraded to 05-08-01 that has not much effect on jailbreaking GS3 at least, but I had trouble with t-mobile which was very unstable. I sometimes was getting a very little signal but most of the time it was saying no service and on few occasions invalid sim card. anyhow. I will try to do more testing with 3.1 and I hope the dev team release their final jailbreak which might solve these issues I have dealt with all day.

it is time for bed, what an exhausting yet exciting day !!

If you guys have any input I would love to hear that or any idea or suggestion that I can try !!

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyiphone View Post
    My modem firmware is upgraded to to 05.08.01 and my phone is still jailbroken. cydia is flawless. and on top of that "despite I am a loyal at&t costumer" I confirm that ultrasnow works with this new baseband 05-08-01.
    I think you are confused - do you mean PurpleRa1n works with BB 05.08.01?
    There is no way that UltraSn0w works with this BB as it checks the BB and quits if it's not on 04.26.08
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you`re right !!

Ultrasn0w does not work with BB 05.08.01, what happened is that after I went back to 3.0 with upgraded BB I was excited that the JB is still functional and then I installed ultrasn0w and I used my cousin t-mobil sim card from his first gen iphone. for a fraction of a second it did show few bars thenafter I got no service right away which something very often happened in the area we live in. therefor I assumed it did work. sorry !!

anyhow, Jailbreak works flawlessly with the upgraded BaseBand for those who are afraid that they wont have JB with the new 3.1 version. it is just a matter of putting together another JB for it which I think it should not be hard.