Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tricker3G iPhone 3G S Fund :)

I would definitely pay for it, without it, slingbox is useless.

Thanks

"Well if they would have done it this way or said it that way." Everybody always has an excuse.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    Wow sometimes the people on this forum surprise me with how cruel and childish they can be. If you don't want to donate when someone asks for it then fine! But don't post just to bash him for asking and hate on what he is doing. It makes me wonder why anybody offers to do anything for us for free. I hope he did pull his [email protected] out of cydia and comes back with a 5$ version for 3G S just out of spite. Most of us will have deserved it too.
    He deserves bashed as much as he deserves being praised. Maybe when you leave mommies you'll realise that not all in the world is as pink and fluffy as your bedroom is.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    He deserves bashed as much as he deserves being praised. Maybe when you leave mommies you'll realise that not all in the world is as pink and fluffy as your bedroom is.
    LMAO this is funny. When i leave mommies? LOL like you know anything about me. I left home my senior year in high school [email protected] For all i know you wrote this post from your mommies basement. People like you get on these forums to talk [email protected] because you have nothing better to do in life. So go ahead flex those enternet muscles some more. LOL Jack2ss.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to A_DuB187 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (2009-07-12)

I suggest just charging for this in Cydia Store. This is a great app and people will pay for it. If you don’t care if you get rich off it, then charge $1. Or maybe charge $5 and donate all or portion to a charity.

They way I look at it, Sling is earning $30 a pop off of the fact that Jordan has made it functional. So, why shouldn’t he also benefit financially.

Thanks

Can't we all just get along, for real these wifi tricking apps are worth mote then any hack yet. Just my opinion

Ok so let me get this traight. You bought a SlingBox which comes with a free client for your PC so you can watch it. Then you paid $30 to watch it on your iPhone??? HAHAHA Sling is just reeling them in...

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    Ok so let me get this traight. You bought a SlingBox which comes with a free client for your PC so you can watch it. Then you paid $30 to watch it on your iPhone??? HAHAHA Sling is just reeling them in...

not that i care to be in this argument, but being able to watch tv from anywhere on a phone is quite convenient, much more than a laptop.

so yeah, most people who own a slingbox would likely also want to have the option to have it on their cell phone over a laptop which isn't available nearly as much as a phone

but like i said, i don't care

Come to this one late having just got my iphone, really would like to see tricker come back, can't see the video anymore so guess I really shouldn't comment on the grief he got for it ... just to say all seems a bit sad.

As many others I'd gladly pay a couple of bucks for this. So if the author is looking in, just know that there are many out there who appreciate what you achieved and would be really grateful to see its return. And yeah there may be others who may not be that grateful but would use your contribution anyhow.

While I'm not usually into that sort of thing generally, it seems like the dev bashing of TrickerThree3 may have been warranted. The rumour is that much of the underlying code for TrickerThree3 was stolen from VoIPover3G. This may be why it mysteriously disappeared from Cydia? If this is true, then we may never see an updated Tricker3G. Again if true, this might explain why he was trying to make a quick buck asking for donations in the way that he did and why the vid was deliberately so poor it's impossible guess anything about him.

Not all bad news though, I heard from the dev of VoIPover3G that he plans to release an update (3Gs compatible) this week! He will charge for it "but it will be cheap". It'll also have a configuration tool so no more .plist editing.

G
    Last edited by GregorioM; 2009-07-14 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Maybe if he just didn't put out that creepy video people would have been more receptive.
    Ditto above .. a well written essay would have been more appealing and work better?

Yeah just found out aswell that tricker 3g was taken from crashx the dev for voip.
    I have to turn away from the tricker kid and give my money to crash.

Quote Originally Posted by kingmofo View Post
    Yeah just found out aswell that tricker 3g was taken from crashx the dev for voip.
    I have to turn away from the tricker kid and give my money to crash.
    Puts a whole new light on the video doesn't it? He must have put the vid up not long after he knew he'd been found out. Knowing that he would not be able or allowed to create an update for Tricker3G, the vid was nothing more than a cynical ploy to con people into donating money to him for nothing. Despicable!! I hope no one has been conned.

G

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

looks like this may beat the tricker to the punch if it is true?
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    looks like this may beat the tricker to the punch if it is true?
    I take it you have not read the last post on page 2 of this thread or the post prior to yours?

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

^ i did not see that sorry for the double post
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Quote Originally Posted by GregorioM View Post
    While I'm not usually into that sort of thing generally, it seems like the dev bashing of TrickerThree3 may have been warranted. The rumour is that much of the underlying code for TrickerThree3 was stolen from VoIPover3G. This may be why it mysteriously disappeared from Cydia? If this is true, then we may never see an updated Tricker3G. Again if true, this might explain why he was trying to make a quick buck asking for donations in the way that he did and why the vid was deliberately so poor it's impossible guess anything about him.

Not all bad news though, I heard from the dev of VoIPover3G that he plans to release an update (3Gs compatible) this week! He will charge for it "but it will be cheap". It'll also have a configuration tool so no more .plist editing.

G
    Now THAT is some good news...and screw the Tricker ThreeG dev if the allegations are accurate.

I was not aware of the allegations. I did not receive any word back from Jordan which does make me wonder. I will be waiting for the VoIPover3G then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12