Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Wants You to Pay $10 a Month for Their iPhone GPS Navigator

Thanks

Default AT&T Wants You to Pay $10 a Month for Their iPhone GPS Navigator

AT&T has released TeleNav's turn-by-turn, voice-enabled GPS navigator for the iPhone at the expected price of $10 a month, proving that they're all going to be expensive, including TomTom's upcoming entry.

The software, which we've already seen on BlackBerrys and other phones from both AT&T and Sprint, includes the usual car GPS features, like voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation with a 3D view, rerouting, and 10 millions business and interest points. And while it's $10 a month, it also has automatic map updates. The best feature for the iPhone, however, is that you can cancel your subscription at any time and resume whenever you want. This may be perfect for people who only need a GPS while going on trips outside their area. Others may want to do a one-time payment—for probably around $100—if Navigon comes to the US, or if TomTom selects the pay-once, no-map-update method.

According to the description, however, it only includes maps for the US, so no road trips around Europe for bon vivant-wannabes like me. [iTunes App Store]
    source:Gizmodo.com

BTW, if you only scanned that paragraph, this is released in the APP Store.
    Last edited by sogo; 2009-06-23 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hmmmmmmm.......so the app has a subscription huh...I wonder.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This $10 fee is standard on all other turn by turn GPS phones on AT&T. No biggie.

Thanks

Yeah, I wouldn't mind all that much but it seems like my iphone bill is so large already. I like the fact that you can go on a month to month deal, turning it on when you go on major trip.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Funny.. they released this before TomTom..... Seen it in action though pretty nice! I rather pay AT&T or TomTom 100.00 or more for their app with no monthly fee..... my iPhone bill is almost $160.00 a month now... but would love to get this! Nice though you can add it when needed and remove it when needed...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 2009-06-23 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Added another sentence

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Funny.. they released this before TomTom..... Seen it in action though pretty nice! I rather pay AT&T or TomTom 100.00 or more for their app with no monthly fee..... my iPhone bill is almost $160.00 a month now... but would love to get this! Nice though you can add it when needed and remove it when needed...
    Agreed, much rather pay for a nice app than occur a monthly fee.

Yeah... I think i'll suffer with MS Sam speaking, overhead view xGPS.... For free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

I need a gps that works with NOAA nautical charts. I'd like to be able to use the iPhone gps on the water. That would be worth some monthly money.

Thanks

I thought about getting this as well but when im in the car, the compass is all messed up and telling me to do the figure 8 Once i step out the car, its fine

Do i need the compass feature in order for this one or Tomtom to work properly?

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    Do i need the compass feature in order for this one or Tomtom to work properly?
    No other phone I've ever had has had a compass and TomTom has worked on mall recent ones - but I'm waiting for CoPilot which IMHO is much better.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

just activate it before you go on trips, then deactivate it n use standard google/gps when your around small areas. you do not need gps 24/7 lol. what ever happened to remembering how to get to places
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4