Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS Already Available on AT&T Family Messaging Plan

Default MMS Already Available on AT&T Family Messaging Plan
    Hello all,
    I thought I would share that after updating the carrier profile on all the phones on my family plan with the ipcc file available on ModMyI , they were all able to send/receive MMS WITHOUT contacting AT&T. If I had to guess, this is because our phones are on the "Messaging Unlimited for Families Plan" and not a standard iPhone messaging plan. Can anyone else on the family unlimited plan confirm?

BayCreeker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's correct...I've been MMSing since beta 4. One of my co-workers has a 3g and we installed beta 5 and could not get it working and it came down to my plan was family text/mms unlimited then I got the iPhone and he started his contract with the iPhone...Tried to talk customer service into changing his even though he registered as a Dev but it didn't work....He finally got someone else at the dev help to change it for him and with the final release he can now MMS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

I can confirm here. Simply updated with the ipcc file and without contacting AT&T MMS works. However, I will say that another family member on the same family plan as me, running 3G with 3.0, can *not* MMS.

So, not sure what the difference would be between the two.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I have the family messaging plan and can confirm that I do NOT have working MMS even after fighting with customer care for 30 mins.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had MMS on ATT unlimited family texting plan working since Beta 4. I still have it working, and though I cannot send videos, I receive them just fine.

I've got 1 regular cell phone on the family messaging plan, I wonder if that has something to do with it. As far as the old 3G running 3.0 not sending MMS, I'm not sure what that is about because my dad and sister both have that model and MMS is working fine for them. I suppose it is just hit or miss for the time being until AT&T works out the kinks.

I had it working on my 3g after having an "insider" get me setup. Since i switched to the 3GS and even after applying the ipcc to get the option in my settings.. now my MMSs fail. My guess what my "insider" enabled was based on the emei or whatever of my old 3G, NOT on the phone number and thus the new phone has lost the ability.. Sucks since i cant seem to get a hold of him anymore..
    Last edited by bschucher; 2009-06-24 at 03:40 AM.

I have a family text plan and added a line to get the 3gs. It depends how you add the iphone to your account. I think the whole new line thing automatically added the iphone tracker to the account.
    I can get it for a day with sim swaping and making a few calls on my Razor, so my best guess is if you have the iphone tracker on your account, it will get swept.
    I called them and complained but got nowhere. I told them I will swap my sim every night and that will get it anyway so they might as well enable it, but they said do what you have to do because they cant for another 3 months. They threw some BS that they have to make sure the network can handle it first. I laughed at her (supervisor) and told her "Listen to what your telling me" I said you have 40 different models of phones on your network that send and recieve MILLIONS of MMS a day so try another excuse.

I also went back and forth with my business line getting it enabled. it kept comming and going with sim swapping. sometimes it lasted a day sometimes a few days. Finally I used my Tilt and added PDA plan, but used my iphone (lost visual voicemail though) and MMS worked, but the account got an email after a month that they were going to charge for data if I didn't change it back. Funny thing is when I called to change the data plan back, I never lost MMS.
    My guess is since I just called to put the iphone data plan back, they forgot to check off Iphone tracker.

So in all, I think alot accounts have been set up differently. That's why some get it and some dont.

It's like waving a bone in front of a dog.
    Very poor planing on ATT's Part. I know it didn't hurt sales of the phone, but it's very frustrating.

Smitty

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Try Stealth Bravos guide to mms. It worked on mine and has been for almost 2 months. It gives a link for activation for media net and instructions about temporary sim swapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.D View Post
    Try Stealth Bravos guide to mms. It worked on mine and has been for almost 2 months. It gives a link for activation for media net and instructions about temporary sim swapping.
    Yeah, I did the whole media net activation. That seemed to work the longest (about 2 days), but it would still get swept. Sim swap is not as bad as it seems. I just do it before I go to bed and put it back in my iphone in the morning when I leave for work. It basically works all day.

Smitty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I have the family messaging plan and can confirm that I do NOT have working MMS even after fighting with customer care for 30 mins.
    ^+1....

If you cant find someone inside ATT to work there magic on their system then forget it. I had, but he no longer replies to emails.. I guess ill be waiting like everyone else. What a joke ATT is. There really is no excuse to bot be ready for launch of 3.0. Azzholes...

Hmm I work at ATT and I just got the new 3GS. Wonder if I can do this myself...