Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bad news with 3.0 and GPS devices

Thanks

Default Bad news with 3.0 and GPS devices
    "This phone does not seem to be capable of making a wireless data connection. Tomtom services cannot be used with this phone"

Well WTF???? I thought the new bluetooth 2.1 (3GS) was supposed to support this!!! Am i doing something wrong?

What gave you the idea that you could connect to the GPS unit wirelessly?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

cause with any other phone ive had ive been able to share its data. I just think its F'd up that it wont but yet you can tether with bluetooth. Go figure

BT on the iPhone has never been that good. They've added A2DP but that's about it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

^ they added A2DP but it works with only certain devices? I just tried to play music thru my Sony BT speaker and it didn't work, although it paired fine. Will try to see if it works on the car head unit...

Nvm it works, but can't change the volume or start / stop / rewind / forward... ghayyyyyyyy
    Last edited by bengo; 2009-06-21 at 04:44 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Wouldn't it be Tom Toms responsabilty to release an app that handles their GPS's?