Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: OS 3.0, Cydia, AptBackup - working?

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default OS 3.0, Cydia, AptBackup - working?
    I'm curious: Anybody who has upgraded to OS 3.0, and now jailbroken, and re-installed the app called AptBackup, can tell me whether or not that app is working okay on 3.0 yet or not?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Just grow a pair and try it yourself
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Just grow a pair and try it yourself

Thank-you for that wonderfully helpful response.

am trying right now but when i install aptbackup through cydia, it installs as usual, then i reboot and it just will not appear on SB no matter what i do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thecell_2007 View Post
    am trying right now but when i install aptbackup through cydia, it installs as usual, then i reboot and it just will not appear on SB no matter what i do
    Ahh...okay. Thanks, thecell. I kind of suspected that might be the case just yet. The last I heard, which was about 10 days or so ago, was that AptBackup was not yet working properly on 3.0beta. And I'm just throwing "feelers" out here as I am not yet ready for jailbreaking anyway, due to the fact I am awaiting the jailbreak for 3Gs, which arrived today. I'll keep it boxed and continue using my 1st Gen 2.2.1 QwkPwn'd iPhone until everything is lined up and falls into place. I'm patient and see no need to hurry. I see no need to go through all the hassle of upgrading my 1st Gen to 3.0 and re-jailbreaking it now, when the tools for 3Gs will most likely be out in the reasonably near future.

And to our "illustrious" friend above, who suggested that I "grow a set and just try it out myself" instead of asking a question, might I suggest to you that I'd much rather have BRAINS and PATIENCE and learn from the mistakes of others perhaps like yourself, that DO have those "sets" and jump off diving boards in the dark and other such numbskull endeavors.

i agree with the above lol. yes i got lucky and was tampering with the idea of installing OSX on my Gateway laptop about a month ago but got brick walled by a wifi issue ( all went well except no wifi, lan line only). however this proved invaluable considering the situation on the dev team site as I'm sure you noticed the dilemma of a mac only release. so i can say first hand a lot of (cydia) apps aren't working at the moment. ie. aptbackup, quickgold, iblank, and fontswap to name a few. but i too am in no hurry, just as long as my games are working but hey, good luck to ya

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thecell_2007 For This Useful Post:

spongebobiwan (2009-06-20)

Thanks

Thanks, TCell, I'll keep you posted. I imagine that we'll both be receiving news of updates at approximately the same time regarding all of this. Typically I wait around for a while until it appears that most of the kinks have been worked out of the upgrades or jailbreak releases before I go ahead with them. I mean, who needs that headache as has been witnessed by all the frantic posts of just today. Certainly not me. Best to let the dust settle a little bit. Neither of my phones are going to grow feet and go anywhere.

just read the twitter entry from dev team saying it'll have to wait til weekend for the ultrasnow release, which i don't need but i thought one post was funny: says something about waiting for 2 days to get the release and now there won't be one til... whenever? so he says this is the perfect time to update his F- My Life app lol. so true.

Thanks

LOL. That is funny. I get a kick out of some of the people on this forum that act as if they live or die based on their iPhones and whether or not updates and jailbreaks come out when they WANT them to. It's a TOOL. A very fun tool, but a tool nevertheless, or at best a hobby with a bit of passion built in perhaps.

I did go ahead and unbox my 3Gs and activate it. I figured it might be a while for ultrasn0w to be released and I can live without it for a while, I'm sure. It will be struggle, but I'll manage some how (sarcasm)..lol.

I considered getting another line added to my family plan to add my old 2G as a spare. It would only be another $10 plus another $20 for the data I think. No sure. I'll have to check into it. My fiancee also has a 3G on my family plan as well, so I'd have 3 lines altogether by the time I get done if I do that. My only hesitation is that my guess is that the battery might possibly be nearing the end of it's effective life, even though it appears to be working fine right now.

i have never had luck with aptbackup on 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.1, or 3.1.2