Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS not available on for existing customers until their current contract ends

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS not available on for existing customers until their current contract ends
    I just had an interesting conversation with an O2-UK customer services rep who said that because I upgraded to my iPhone 3G in July last year on an 18 month contract that I could not go into the O2 store on June 19th and upgrade to the iPhone 3GS and that I would have to wait until December 2009 so that it's 1 month before my contract ends and I am able to upgrade which is frustrating as I wanted to go for a 24 month contract anyway and it seems like new customers are being given priority over exsisting customers

Alternatively I can pay off the remainder of our contract (7 months for 245.00 on the 35.00 per month tariff) which is a rip off. At least they should offer a lower amount to pay to end the contract because there is lots of extras included in the 35.00 tariff like data etc which obviously will not be used as the contract is being ended or just offer 12 month contracts to iPhone customers so that they can upgrade when the new iPhones are released but obviously charge a higher rate due to subsidization.

She also went on to say that an answer had not been given from Apple themselves if the iPhone 3GS would be available as an early upgrade option for exsisting iPhone customers who are still tied in to a contract.

COME ON APPLE AND GIVE THEM THE OK TODAY TO SELL THE IPHONE 3GS TO EXSISTING CUSTOMERS ON AN EARLY UPGRADE PLEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!
    Last edited by mwr_allen; 2009-06-18 at 04:14 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i had the exact same convo with o2.

i have the same contract as you i think. i am due the upgrade option in december too.

i told them to stuff it and said i won't upgrade then because i'll be stuck with the 3gs until july 2011!!!

explaining to them that there will most probably be another phone in summer 2010 she said the best option is to just finish my contract early next year and just keep on a rolling month by month contract until they release another phone and i'll be able to just start a new contract.

bad news, but i'm not overly bothered about the 3gs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely understand what you are saying but for me I'm a typical bloke who wants the lastest gadgets out.

I think the tactic from O2 with this non get out clause is that they were overwhelmed with queue's of customers waiting to get the iPhone 3G when it was released so now on June 19th they will only have new customers coming to buy the new iPhone 3GS and that the exsisting iPhone 3G customers will have to wait until at least December 2009 before they will be hitting the stores but I'm sure and I hope that this will backfire on them because not everyone reads these articles about the non get out clause and there will be thousands of exsisting iPhone 3G customers kicking down the doors of O2 stores as well as the new customers and they will jam up as they did last year.

HA HA HA!!!!