Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: o2 text message to all iPhone users not on iPhone tarriff

Post o2 text message to all iPhone users not on iPhone tarriff
    I just received a text from o2 sent to all iPhone users on a non iPhone tariff, my iPhone was hacktivated and I still received the text as did a friend who is itunes activated on 2G using a pay and go account, another friend on iPhone 3g using an iPhone tariff did not get the text, so it looks like o2 have direct the message to all non iPhone tariff users whether jailbroken or itunes activated.

The text advises all people using an iPhone on a non iPhone tariff to change their CDN and MMS settings and points them to a web page Settings - iPhone

I wonder what the strategy is maybe they are going to ensure tethering and MMS is not available to people using these settings????
    Last edited by ericidle; 2009-06-16 at 07:28 PM.
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah i got that too. I dunno what does it mean exactly but im sure things will be fine for us in the end

iPhone? More like MyPhone newyork0900's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericidle View Post
    I just received a text from o2 sent to all iPhone users on a non iPhone tariff, my iPhone was hacktivated and I still received the text as did a friend who is itunes activated on 2G using a pay and go account, another friend on iPhone 3g using an iPhone tariff did not get the text, so it looks like o2 have direct the message to all non iPhone tariff users whether jailbroken or itunes activated.

The text advises all people using an iPhone on a non iPhone tariff to change their CDN and MMS settings and points them to a web page Settings - iPhone

I wonder what the strategy is maybe they are going to ensure tethering and MMS is not available to people using these settings????
    I got the same message and checked out the link. when I saw it mentioned will be unable to use internet. I rung O2 up and the rep who deals with O2, said I twas not a problem and I would still be able to use 3.0 with all the features, but would have to change my settings.

I have 3.0gm now and a week ago changed the settings to get MMS to work, they are the same sttings as what O2 have suggested. I don't see a problem. I have a simplicity tariff with unlimited internet.

The question is "why" change the settings if the only difference is "iphone tariff" As the the sending of MMS still only deducts 4 text messages of your allowance, rather than a sepearate charge.

Interesting.
    Looks like they want people to use different APNs so they can block MMS/ tethering or charge differently.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

o2 have changed the link it now tells us to use payandgo.o2.co.uk instead of mobile.o2.co.uk they really need to confuse dont that, why send out a text linking to a page that changes the next day.

interestingly they now say that 3.0 OS will default to idata.o2.co.uk maybe thats the only one that will allow tethering and MMS
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked