Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I tried the official release of 3.0 on 3G with a disappointed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs down I tried the official release of 3.0 on 3G with a disappointed
    dear guys; I have installed 3g 3.0 on my iphone with great disappointment. most of the cool stuff that we heard it would be implemented with the new 3.0 are not applicable for 3g. most of us who tried the beta form will found that 3.0 for 3g is kinda stupid.

I found out that copy and paste is not as elegant as the one we played with in the beta firmware. MMS does not work at all which at some point say that on beta 4. you tube and maps are not fun with no changes. voice control is not implemented in 3g. there is no video camera option in video application. bluetooth sound transmitting is still working "thanks god". so we people who are already stuck with 3g gotta wait for the upgrade for at least six months and most of us who said wont b/c the firmware upgrade is sufficient for a good new look but with these restriction this firmware does not bring anything much as it was claimed.

has anyone else noticed these changes in the leaked official 3.o iphone for 3G and 3Gs.

I am really disappointed. I am gonna see if there is anyone who is interested to get "almost" new 3g 16 gig with a new att contract and I'll pay $300 to buy their GS 32 gig. kinda actually exchange mine for the new 3GS and pay $300 for them to get the contract that they are going to use it 3G is they will get it from me for free.

any other suggestion.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

you are probably using the gm version of 3.0. i dont think the final release is even possible to get yet.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovemyiphone View Post

I am really disappointed. I am gonna see if there is anyone who is interested to get "almost" new 3g 16 gig with a new att contract and I'll pay $300 to buy their GS 32 gig. kinda actually exchange mine for the new 3GS and pay $300 for them to get the contract that they are going to use it 3G is they will get it from me for free.

any other suggestion.
    ummmmm good luck with that
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Thanks
    If I'm not mistaken, the only official version of 3.0 that is available right now is 3.0 for the iPhone 3G S only, so where did you get the official 3.0 firmware for the iPhone 3G? Here is where I found this story.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

he is talkin about the 3G 3.0GM it is basically the last beta before release day. which is the 17th. until then no one knows what will change or not. just wait it out. its only a few days
    then the 19th the 3Gs comes out.
    patience man!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    this is 3.0 official release that developers received the day apple release the new Iphone 3GS. you do not have to purchase any slot for activiation at all. I am sure it is final release. I could not jailbreak it with the with beta5 jailbreak/cydia.

I downloaded through a torrent which stated that the final official release of 3.0 firmware for developer that leaked over the internet.

everyone thought the firmware upgrade was a greater deal compare the hardware component; however, what's happening apple is trying their best to entrap us to pay $$$$ for upgrade.

I am disappointed really bad. I would probably go back to the beta 5 which was more colorful !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I downloaded from one of our friends on this site then straight from apple because the first download I saw things still not complete. Well after the second try things are still not there. I think there must be a few Tweeks in the final release

Check with AT&T and see if you are eligible for an early upgrade.

I am and I bought my 3G in January of this year. That puts my 16GB 3GS cost @ $399.

I will fork this out in advance, and hawk my 3G on ebay/craigslist/somewhere to help offset the cost.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    -- Douglas Adams

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I can still mms. I just sent one to make sure. Also on a coworker phone we could not get mms to work on beta 5 but as soon as he installed gm he can mms.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

I am sure it is final release. I could not jailbreak it with the with beta5 jailbreak/cydia.
    so that must mean it is the final?

I downloaded through a torrent which stated that the final official release of 3.0 firmware for developer that leaked over the internet.
    i often find myself trolling the pirate torrent sites looking for the latest iPhone news and information and try to avoid crazy sites like this one and their crazy wrong information HAHAHAHA

everyone thought the firmware upgrade was a greater deal compare the hardware component; however, what's happening apple is trying their best to entrap us to pay $$$$ for upgrade.
    and Apple and MS and Nokia and Samsung, etc... will continue this evil plan as long as they are in business. man their mean.

I am disappointed really bad. I would probably go back to the beta 5 which was more colorful !!
    you forgot to also add the worst performing beta of all the 3.0 beta's

some people are never happy and if you are looking for any manufacturer to make the perfect phone with all the features and hardware you want and then when they produce it offer it to your for free since you bought the last one you will be very unhappy for along time. trying taking your Chevy Malibu back because they increased the horsepower and added a navigational system less than a year after you bought yours.
    Last edited by fletch33; 2009-06-16 at 02:30 PM.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

I found out that copy and paste is not as elegant as the one we played with in the beta firmware.
    what are you smoking? itīs the same implementation

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    what are you smoking? itīs the same implementation
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"