Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hardware: Will AT&T Charge Extra For MMS & Tethering?

Default Hardware: Will AT&T Charge Extra For MMS & Tethering?
    I just found this over at /.

"InfoWorld's Bill Snyder questions whether AT&T's jockeying on tethering and MMS may signal coming iPhone pricing surcharges. After all, as Apple's exclusive US partner, Ma Bell should have plenty of insight into upcoming iPhone features and revenue opportunities. Yet AT&T was very conspicuous in its absence from the list of providers who will support tethering and MMS at Tuesday's launch of the new iPhone at WWDC, and by Wednesday, it was backpedaling furiously, saying it will offer both services later in the year. Certainly, the exclusive arrangement between the companies is proving to be an ugly roadblock to Apple's iPhone vision. But Snyder thinks it may go deeper than that: 'My best guess is that we'll see horrendous pricing surcharges for tethering and MMS, on top of the already expensive data and voice charges iPhone users pay. I don't think AT&T execs wanted to stand up at WWDC and announce that.'"

MMS will be included with the plan but not tethering I think

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ +1

In the UK O2 take 1MMS=4SMS but tethering is charged at 14/month for a 3Gb limit.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irich25 View Post
    MMS will be included with the plan but not tethering I think
    ^+1....