Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Existing iPhone 3g Customers DO GET A smaller DISCOUNT on 3GS

Default Existing iPhone 3g Customers DO GET A smaller DISCOUNT on 3GS
    Existing iPhone 3g Customers DO GET A smaller DISCOUNT on 3GS

ITS NOT $599 & $699!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for people on AT&T with iPhone 3g:
    iPhone 3GS 16 GB is $399 with reup to 2 years.
    iPhone 3GS 32 GB is $499 with reup to 2 years.

The cheaper pricing $199 & 299 is only for NEW customers to AT&T (or people done with their 2 year contract)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peteo For This Useful Post:

Amraam (2009-06-12)

does the lube come free?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bengo View Post
    does the lube come free?
    ?!?! LOL

Thanks

That's F**k up!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

That pricing scheme is no different than any other "premium" phone out there. Cell phone companies (ATT, Verizon, Sprint, etc) have always made the price REALLY high if you are not at your 2 year mark (or a new customer).

I hate to say it, but that is the typical pricing scam for all carriers.

At least with the Nokia N97 you get an unlocked phone >.< It should be illegal to sell a phone for that much and have it locked to one network!

Here in the UK new users don't get the 32Gb phone free unless they sign up for a 2 year contract at 74/month!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Amraam (2009-06-12), MetallicaFan1991 (2009-06-15)

Not that it makes a difference, but the At&t rep I talked to on the phone, said that with Any other phone, and he reassured me ANY other phone, they could make an exception, and upgrade early, making you eligible for the upgrade price(199/299), but Apple made them sign a contract saying they could not do that with the iPhone, and anyone caught doing so would be fired.... Don't know if he was blowing smoke or not, but that's straight from him...

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Here in the UK new users don't get the 32Gb phone free unless they sign up for a 2 year contract at 74/month!
    Any idea how much it would be for someone like myself who has had a 16GB 3G for ~11months to upgrade to the 32GB 3GS on a 35 per month contract?

Thanks!

If you have 7 months left on your contract it's 7*35 + 185 for the 16Gb on 18 months.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If you have 7 months left on your contract it's 7*35 + 185 for the 16Gb on 18 months.

Yeah I just got a reply from O2 explaining my options for getting the 3GS. This is the reply:

Dear O2 Customer

Thanks for emailing us about upgrading to the new iPhone 3G S.

Were happy to inform you that iPhone 3G S will be available from 19th June onwards on our network. Theres no advance booking option for the 16 GB and 32 GB versions and all phones will be sold on first come first serve basis.

Please be informed that an early upgrade to the new iPhone 3G S isnt possible for any of our customers before they complete their existing contract term or without having to pay the relevant cancellation charges.

To check the prices and the different tariffs that would be available by 19th June on a Pay Monthly contract, please click on the link below:

Pay Monthly

How to upgrade to the new iPhone 3G S?

All our existing iPhone and non iPhone Pay Monthly customers can choose from any of the 3 options (given below) to upgrade to the new iPhone 3G S.

Option 1

You'll need to first complete your existing contract term. For example, if your existing contract has already completed or completes by June 2009 then you're eligible to upgrade to the new iPhone 3G S.

You don't need to worry if you dont remember your contract completion date, you can always find it out by visiting the 'View my tariffs and services' section / link on our website given below:

My O2 - O2

If you have completed your existing contract term then you can upgrade to the new iPhone 3G S using the link given below, beginning 19th June:

https://upgrades.o2.co.uk/index.htm#getMPN

While upgrading online, you'll need your existing mobile phone number and your account number on hand. If you dont remember your account number, please dont worry, as you can find it on the right hand side of your online bill.

Option 2

You can still go for the iPhone 3G S if you havent yet completed your existing contract term. To be able to do this, you will need to cancel your existing contract by paying the relevant cancellation charges .Cancellation charges are calculated by multiplying your monthly line rental charge with the remaining months of your existing contract.

After you have cancelled your existing contract, you can then sign up for a new Pay Monthly contract for the iPhone 3G S. If you'd like to proceed, you can simply email us to cancel and then place a new order for the new iPhone 3G S by visiting the link below:

iPhone

Option 3

You can also purchase the iPhone 3G S on Pay & Go and then use it with your existing iPhone 3G SIM card.

You'll be happy to know that all our existing iPhone customers can place their existing iPhone 3G SIM card into the new iPhone 3G S and receive all the latest functionality. If you choose to do this, you'll continue to pay for your existing iPhone tariff's line rental without having to go for any new iPhone 3G S Pay & Go tariffs. Here's the link where you can view the details of the iPhone 3G S Pay & Go: Pay & Go

Did you know that you can upgrade your existing iPhone with the new iPhone OS 3.0 software which will be free to download from 17 June offering over 100 new features. You can view the amazing new features that will come with the iPhone OS 3.0 software by visiting the link below:

iPhone OS 3.0 Software - iPhone

You can download this software from the latest iTunes 8.2 or above version. If you don't have the latest iTunes version, no worries, you can download it by using the link below:

Apple - Download music and more with iTunes. Play it all on iPod.

We request you to please keep checking our website using the link below for the most up to date information that we have on the new iPhone 3G S:

iPhone

Thank you once again for taking time out to email us and for your interest in the new iPhone.

Kind regards

O2 Customer Service
    So because my contract doesn't run out until Jan 31st 2010, it would be cheaper to buy the PAYG hanset for 538.30. Guess I'm not upgrading until this time next year. God the UK is shite for over pricing things!

$700 is 425, yet O2 are still able to charge nearly 540!!
    Last edited by Amraam; 2009-06-13 at 01:21 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amraam For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (2009-06-15)

Thanks

What is interesting is I checked ATT's sight to see when they say i'm eligible to upgrade as well as for other family members with iPhones (both 3G and 2G).

The two people wiht 2G iPhones are eligible to upgrade immediately- one has my old unlocked 2G and no data plan so as far as ATT is concerned he hasnt had an upgrade phone in a very long time. The phone prior to the iPhone wasan unlocked razr I bought off of ebay. The other 2G user is on a legit ATT plan but it was a hand me down iPhone from his brother when he got a 3G.

I bought my 2G iphone in 9/07 and upgraded to a 3G on 8/16/08. My account on ATT's site says i can upgrade on 8/16/ 09. That would be 1 year after Ibought my 3G, not 2 years.

My other son bought his 2G iphone in March 08 and upgraded to a 3G in July 08. Apparently hes eligible, according to ATT, for an upgrade on 1/10/10.

These dates make no sense to me at all. They are totally inconsistent. Either way, cool if I can upgrade in August, better yet if they let me use another family member's upgrade.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

At least you Americans aren't getting ripped off like us in the UK
    I still managed to persuade myself to get the iPhone 3GS rather than a MacBook.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    At least you Americans aren't getting ripped off like us in the UK
    I still managed to persuade myself to get the iPhone 3GS rather than a MacBook.
    At over 500? Mate, seriously, save the cash.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    At over 500? Mate, seriously, save the cash.
    No the prices for 3GS start from 342.50(?) to about 540. I'm hoping to get the 16GB version at 450 on Friday.

I don't know lol, I really want a MacBook Pro too but then I have to sell my watch which I'm hoping to get 1700 for it.

Argggh I don't know what to do!!!! Too many exams, hate A Levels and OCR!!!!!! Girl I love with someone else lol!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

342 is for an 8Gb 3G - NOT a 3Gs

Why are you buying on PAYG not contract? Just interested.

Hopefully by the time it's unlocked so I can use it there will be upgrades going cheaper on FleaBay.

Thanks

Oh yeah. never noticed the "S" missing lol.
    I HATE contracts especially 18 months ones, too bad there's no 12 months ones anymore . Plus in a years time there will be a new iPhone and the free bolt on will be finished so I can sell this one off. I'm not bothered about unlocking as I'm on O2 anyway.

iPhone 4 August 28th

So if my friend goes to the ATT store because is a customer they will not sell him a 3GS for 200 bux at all?