Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone features demoed in a late-night ride around Hong Kong

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Default New iPhone features demoed in a late-night ride around Hong Kong
    These two gentlemen in Hong Kong got their hands on a prototype iPhone 3 and took it for a spin at 3:00 A.M. The often rumored digital compass will have its own pretty application...

Well this part is good for me! Women are not as good as men when it comes to directions when driving and such!

Also with the camera you will be able to focus... big hairy deal! Well it is important but I want to be able to zoom in on things!

New iPhone features demoed in a late-night ride around Hong Kong | 9 to 5 Mac

Yup, the big deal with the next iPhone appears to be a compass and an autofocus camera (together with a 32Gb model).

With a full SatNav software the compass is almost irrelevant and although a better camera is nice it's hardly a deal breaker.

There will always be the people that have to have the latest but for me, the original iPhone was a no go as it didn't have 3G. The addition of 3G and GPS (even if it isn't properly utilised yet) made the 3G almost perfect. FW 3.0 will address lots of the problems (why they never had cut and paste before beats me) but hardware wise I'm pretty happy with it.

A better camera and more storage are always nice - but not enough for me to go Wow! and not enough for me to think I must upgrade.

Are Apple going to surprise us with some, as yet unmentioned, wow factor? Or is this going to be a minor evolution rather than a revolution?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I will like the compass at times but don't really feel the need to have to have it on my phone..... as for the camera..... I hate it when I want to take some pictures and I can't get close enough to take them and the camera doesn't zoom in! Also would have liked to see the camera have flash..... so you can get those night shots.....

As far as upgrading to the new model........ I will..... I am just one of those types of people that like what comes out every year..... my hubby joined ATT and got a free Blackberry... I feel that phone is to hard for him. He can hardly see the buttons etc.... so he will get my hand me down.... )

Snapture adds a zoom. Not sure if the new camera will have a flash. The thing I hate most about the camera is the time the app takes to load up. I went to take a pic of my kids but they had aged 3 years by the time the camera was ready...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Snapture adds a zoom. Not sure if the new camera will have a flash. The thing I hate most about the camera is the time the app takes to load up. I went to take a pic of my kids but they had aged 3 years by the time the camera was ready...
    ROTFLMAO! Thats a good one! But you have a good point because that frustrates me as well!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^^LMAO! I agree the camera takes forever to get going.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

same as i said in the other post about this same thing,

THATS A 3G IPHONE RUNNIN 3.0 BETA

i am willing to bet money this will be in the rumor bin in a week or two
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2009-06-03 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You're still relying on third party software that requires your phone to be Jailbroken. And, as you said, it takes forever to do anything with it.