Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apps Know There Cracked

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I think all apps should have a try before you buy. But I really don't care what people think. I try the app and if I like it I'll buy it. If not I'll delete it.

try before you buy sounds good to me... but i donno some apps are like $10 and sometines i just dont think its worth it... not that i use cracked apps... but there should be a try before you buy tho!

iPhone? ... No?... MYphone!!!

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shabz_de_don For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2009-05-27)

Yes, every app should have a trial.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iSilv3r7 For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2009-05-27), Ozzyman500 (2009-05-27)

Thanks

yes they all should
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be mandatory for apps to have a trial period for the full version of the app...not some watered down crippled version that doesn't give you the full capabilities. Not all apps are cheap. It sucks downloading an app that touts great capabilities, but has huge bugs or lame functionality.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Ozzyman500 (2009-05-27)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Recently I've found lately the more expensive ones are the better ones, like Tiger Woods Golf. Support the developers and help make the app store even greater!

And Need For Speed is awesome also, I will check out Tiger Woods Golf.

Thanks

Need For Speed is great as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

i have used a few cracked apps that were pricey and deleted the ones i didnt like and bought the ones i did like. i think that is not a bad idea since i have liked apps that have had 2 stars and not liked apps that had 4 or 5 stars.

as much as i have spent on apps like the $25 jaadu VNC i dont feel bad about doing it this way at all.

if there only a dollar or 2 then i just buy them.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

(Un?)Fortunately, pirates and hackers are quite clever. It's most likely that soon there will be an update that will make the jailbroken device make the cracked app think the app had been bought. Then later, devs will figure out how to fix this, and the cycle will continue. (But that's just my opinion)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wills42 View Post
    (Un?)Fortunately, pirates and hackers are quite clever. It's most likely that soon there will be an update that will make the jailbroken device make the cracked app think the app had been bought. Then later, devs will figure out how to fix this, and the cycle will continue. (But that's just my opinion)
    without a doubt. cat and mouse.

although i am working on app ideas and if successful my app will be most likely be pirated i know that going in and like everyone else i will have to try and fight it.

i agree with a lot of people here that if there were trials of a lot of these apps there would less pirating.

i also feel that most of the people that pirate would never buy them anyway not that it makes it right but they just wouldn't.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Thanks

@fletch33 I am a big fan of "trying" software before I buy it on the iPhone. But if I do like it I'll buy it. Let's take pocket god. Read so pretty good reviews on it and I bought it with out trying it. And now I want my .99 back. The game sucks. No two ways around it. Doodle jump tried it and loved it. Same with touchgrind I'm still trying bike or die and I'm going to buy that one as well. But times are tough and I'm tired of wasting money.

Now on the other hand I have a friend who won't buy an app at all but the kid bought the new eminem album 3 times. Bit won't spend .99 on an app so when 3.0 drops and I jailbreak his phone I won't be installing (the app we don't talk about on here)back on his phone.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I use cracked apps and if I use them often and like them, I buy them.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    True, we all can afford the $299.00 for the iPhone, but not $0.99 for the app we want...FAIL

no offense but your post doesn't make sense to me.

are you implying that you payed $299 for your iphone and then intend on only buyin ONE 99cent app?

seriously?
    i think there are about 50 99 cent apps i have bought.

add that up.

then lets talk about stuff like sims3 for $9.99
    you pay it,
    it sucks,
    you are stuck for $9.99

or jaadu VNC which i could not live without, got it when it came out for only $4.99

NOW ITS $25!!!

you guys are not just gonna sit here and bag on apple every chance you get but then turn around and bag on HACKERS for stickin to apple finally!!!

WHO THE HELL EXACTLY DO YOU GUYS REALLY SUPPORT ON THIS HYPOCRITICAL FORUM???

just askin

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

Cracked apps, warez etc are just not legal period.... we all know the rules... it may suck for the ones that use them but there is a saying... what goes around comes around.... and when it comes around it is not a good thing...

And I am sure in your life time that you have spent $$$ and got burned for that item you bought besides a ten dollar app...... its just part of life guys.... people have to work to hard today to make money and they want their money and deserve it as well.....

And we all have the choice to press the buy button or not.... if we like the app we buy it, if we think we will like it... its a gamble, if we don't like it we move on....

I have bought apps that I don't care for at all... like Super Monkey Ball.... do I feel like I was burned... no because I choose to buy it.... even though I don't care for it.... that is how it goes.... I don't dwell on the money I just lost... I move on... and no I am not made out of money either... wish I was! )

Thanks

thats the thing, i'm not dwelling on money lost anymore.

because out of maybe 1600 cracked apps i have tried, i seriously only liked 8.
    and TRUST ME i paid for each one that i wanted to keep.
    but if i would have paid 99 cents for all 1600 apps i tried and didn't like!!!!!!

or even 800 apps at 99 cents?

i don't think its fair for us to line the pockets of apple and devs just because the almighty apple is SOOOOO smart it can't implement a better trial or demo system.

i see your point but that is the pot calling the kettle black!

JAILBREAKING, CRACKED APPS, UNLOCKING, THIRD PARTY APPS, WINTERBOARD, P2P FILESHARING, ETC..

TO APPLE ITS ALL THE SAME THING!!!

you guys need to get off your hi horse with all this,
    "oh i jailbreak and unlock" (apple and at$t claim is illegal)
    "but you app crackers are just illegal"
    "no warez no warez!!!!"

gimme a break!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2009-06-03 at 10:37 AM.

Cracked apps are illegal, jailbreaking, unlocking, third party apps etc are not - it's quite simple.

I do agree that there should be a try before you buy option though. But just because there isn't does not mean I use cracked apps.

Am I holier than thou? No -

20 years ago I used to have to get cracked PC apps to see what they could do to justify the company I was working for buying them but they were apps costing hundreds of pounds. The PC world has moved on - maybe one day Apple will catch up

Now I have now cracked or illegal software but been there, done that in the past.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (2009-06-03)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Cracked apps are illegal, jailbreaking, unlocking, third party apps etc are not - it's quite simple.

I do agree that there should be a try before you buy option though. But just because there isn't does not mean I use cracked apps.

Am I holier than thou? No -

20 years ago I used to have to get cracked PC apps to see what they could do to justify the company I was working for buying them but they were apps costing hundreds of pounds. The PC world has moved on - maybe one day Apple will catch up

Now I have now cracked or illegal software but been there, done that in the past.
    you gotta admit tho,
    for those of us robbin big apple and devs with a 99 cent cracked app,
    the general consensus here is that we are the scum of the earth!!!

yet most of the same people are the ones

"finding cracked apps worth hundreds!!!!"

whos the bad guy again?

The problem is lots of the 99cent apps are created by individual developers and it is them you are *stealing* from whereas the hundreds of bucks apps are usually created by large corporations...

Just a thought.

Also I don't know of any very expensive apps aimed at individuals - they tend to be aimed at companies who, IMHO, should pay for software if they are using it for their business.

Again, all this is subjective and just my opinion. Feel free to disagree
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak? thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,002 Times in 564 Posts

As time has went on I am seeing more and more lite versions of the apps so people can try them out before they buy them.... I think that these types of dev's are doing it right.. they are thinking of the buyer and also trying to make a buck as well.....

I will be more than honest.... I hate it when I buy a program or app and hate it and wasted the money!

And anyone that is a computer nerd.... LOL (just an expression guys/gals) has used warez one time or another etc.. etc... its part of the learning process of the computer world.... is it right? NO!

As I stated before.... its a cat and mouse game and always will be.... and I do not feel I am better than the next person because I pay for all of my apps..... nor do I feel someone is scum if they don't... we just all know that if we don't pay we abuse someone's hard work or years of college to learn what they learned in life.... it illegal and not right.....

But....You show me a 100% honest person in the computer world..... I am sure there is not any...... Do you think that Apple has been 100% honest? Or Microsoft?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast