Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 Beta 5 Expires today

Cash has given me a 1337er title Kaatje's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3.0 Beta 5 Expires today
    If I am not mistaken, 3.0 Beta 5 will expire at midnight and render your phone unusable except for development and emergency calls after midnight if you reboot it. There are reports of people already getting the dreaded pink screen with the message that the firmware has expired and to please connect to itunes to upgrade.

I have artificially advanced the date and time and rebooted without the reported expiration notice. I have advanced it as far as Jun 2, 2009 00:01 with the same results. No expiration found. Do not pay heed to the rumors going around.
    Last edited by Kaatje; 2009-05-22 at 07:44 PM. Reason: To set the record straight

Thanks

Do you have any links to support this claim?

From my understanding, beta firmwares expired 10 days after the release of a newer firmware.

Seeing as there is no beta 6 yet (that im aware of), beta 5 wll not expire.

Please school me if im mistaken.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Betas don't normally have a fixed expiration date, they expire 10 days after the next beta is released. As Beta 6 has not yet been released I can't see why beta 5 would expire.
    What makes you think it will?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Cash has given me a 1337er title Kaatje's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Betas don't normally have a fixed expiration date, they expire 10 days after the next beta is released. As Beta 6 has not yet been released I can't see why beta 5 would expire.
    What makes you think it will?
    There are apparently reports coming in from users in Japan who are saying that they have gotten this error...

I can only find one report of iPhone1_1_3._7A300g_Restore.ipsw expiring today but as the correct version is 7A312g I think it was the wrong version.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.