Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new iphone or something else?

Smile new iphone or something else?
    so i watched the speach for the 3.0 update n it was all good talk but no word on a new iphone.. but i got a question.. did anyone noticed a camera looking sight druing the onecare presentaion? could this mean a new ipone with a Videocall camera? i caught it and heres a snip of it...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -capture.jpg  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Pretty sure that's just one of the 3 sensors on the phone.
    Just a weird angle with the light and stuff.
    But..... Maybe not.

true true.. i guess like all of us were going to have to wait....

I would be surprised if there is not a new iPhone being release 2 years after the first one - just in time to catch all the renewal contracts and I'm fairly certain that's when FW 3.0 will come out as well.

As to what it has? A better camera? A forward facing camera? But that would suggest video calling ahich infers video calling. A keyboard? more likely they would have 2 devices , one with, one without. A faster processor (dual/quad core)? Maybe. A higher res (OLED?) screen? Possibly.

If it has a faster processor/better screen how will existing apps fair?

Not sure what else they could add.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

you cant really change the hardware to much
    because the development for pre versions would not work.

games and apps for V3 iPHONE but not for older models?? people wouldn't bother anymore. they'd sulk for a while
    some might upgrade but others will just move to somrthing that gets supported all the way. like a nokia or sony ericsson
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Things move on - you can't be backward compatible forever.

Think customize and summerboard
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.