Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Proper SatNav coming soon!

Default Proper SatNav coming soon!
    ALK, the makers of my favourite SatNav for WinMo devices, CoPilot Live have been following the news of FW 3.0 and announced
    We are excited at Apple’s announcement of the iPhone OS 3.0 SDK, which allows for the development of Turn-by-Turn navigation applications. The iPhone has had a huge impact on the smartphone industry with its transformational User Interface and the run-away success of the Appstore. It’s a potentially great platform for CoPilot Live navigation.

We already demonstrated a feature-complete version of CoPilot Live running on the iPhone at CES back in January, although we do not have a formal announcement of the release of CoPilot Live for iPhone today. That said, we welcome the opportunity that is now available, and hope to be able to bring CoPilot’s full-featured, connected navigation experience to the iPhone soon
    linky

great news for those of us waiting for proper SatNav - the one thing I really miss about WinMo!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Sygic also confirmed yesterday, before the Apple event, they will release their app soon

CoPilot has today been released for Android phones priced at £25.99 for UK and Ireland maps and £59.99 for all Europe.

I would expect similar pricing for the iPhone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.