Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CydiaStore.com scam warning

Default CydiaStore.com scam warning
    Somebody took it upon themselves, to take advantage of the Cydia Store launch this weekend and registered the domain CydiaStore.com.

This website has nothing to do with Saurik and itís a atempt to cash in from the name. At the same time it looks like, besides trying to cash in through Google and Amazon ads, he or she is trying to harvest email accounts.
    DO NOT Submit you email unless you want to be hit with massive amounts of spam.

This domain name is registered privately through Domainsbyproxy and it is impossible for me to track who is behind it. If anyone knows other methods such as Adsense id please flush him out.

Spread the word.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winterboarder For This Useful Post:

Freerunnering (2010-08-04), Poseidon79 (2009-03-11)

Thanks for the heads up.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

the website is fine.
    its not a scam.
    heres a screendump
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

I don't know when or where you got your SS but here it is as of today. Now when unsuspecting people send an email to customer or developer links they will have their email harvested.

Right now there are 5 Cydiastore domains registered.

Cydiastore.com
    Cydiastore.net
    Cydiastore.org
    Cydiastore.info
    Cydiastore.cn
    Last edited by Winterboarder; 2009-03-11 at 02:16 AM. Reason: more info

There is a warning in Cydia about it too.

CydiaStore.com has a little message stating that they have nothing to do with the actual Cydia Store and are just selling things for iPhones...

When I made the post it looked like the screen shot I posted. Later on the day he changed it to what it is now. After I emailed Saurik about it, he put the warning in Cydia's main page and he is taking measures. The site is not selling anything, it just has affiliate links and trying to get hits from the cydiastore name.

Just imagine Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com domain expires and some looser grabs it for 9 dollars on GoDaddy and puts up a page with affiliate link. Would that be ok?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboarder View Post
    Just imagine Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com domain expires and some looser grabs it for 9 dollars on GoDaddy and puts up a page with affiliate link. Would that be ok?
    Yes it would, it's called an open domain for purchase. They send these renewal warnings FAR in advance and put them on automatic re-billing so if you F up bad enough that your domain expires, you deserve to lose it.