Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone contacts to SIM card problem

Red face Iphone contacts to SIM card problem
    Hi, I've been having problems finding out a way to transfer my contacts from iphone to the sim. Well, someone have suggested that I should download the iSIM app. from installer. The problem is I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where to get this iSIM app? Thanks.

Not quite sure why this is in the News section!

Why on earth would you want to copy contacts on to a SIM?

I thought the iSIM app was for copying contacts from the SIM to the iPhone which was only needed before the 3G came out as that function is now built in.

I always just have my contacts synched with Outlook so all my phones and computers have the same information - SIMs were never designed to hold as much information.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

dr_mosse (2009-10-31)

Thanks

iPhone doesn't write contact to the sim card.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

dr_mosse (2009-10-31)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just did a sync to outlook. Only half my contacts synced. Not all contacts sync unless they have an email address.

So I see a need to sync from iPhone to sim then can do a backup that service provider, provides for free.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

just open itunes, under the info tab for the iphone select "sync contacts with"
    mac=address book
    PC=yahoo or gmail account (outlook if you got it, eeewww gross)

then when you restore ur phone,
    do the same as above.
    except after you select where you synced your contacts before
    choose merge info!!!
    i have had times where "replace" would take the empty iphone and empty my yahoo/gmail/addressbook
    also at the bottom of the info tab, you HAVE to select "replace contacts on this iphone"

this is way better than saving to the sim
    lost or stolen phone, your sim is gone too.
    this way you still have all ur contacts
    also if u use mac addressbook or ms outlook, its still a good idea to sync to gmail or yahoo aswell so you will have an online backup in case of hard drive failure or OS reinstall
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2009-06-15 at 11:51 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

dr_mosse (2009-10-31)

ok while we are on this topic. i have a 1g iphone and i just ordered a new 3gs. I was planning on putting my sim card on the new one, so does this mean that the contacts wont be on the new iphone?

Heres my problem, i had a lap top that broke and now i dont have itunes. I can use my parents but it will erase my music etc if i sync. That wont matter to me once i get my new iphone. When i get my new one, should i back up my old 1g and sync my contacts on my parents itunes and then activate my new one on my parents acccount and be able to sync my contacts to my new phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedEvoIX View Post
    ok while we are on this topic. i have a 1g iphone and i just ordered a new 3gs. I was planning on putting my sim card on the new one, so does this mean that the contacts wont be on the new iphone?

Heres my problem, i had a lap top that broke and now i dont have itunes. I can use my parents but it will erase my music etc if i sync. That wont matter to me once i get my new iphone. When i get my new one, should i back up my old 1g and sync my contacts on my parents itunes and then activate my new one on my parents acccount and be able to sync my contacts to my new phone?
    yes
    just do exactly what i said above