Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steven Discontinues Stacks

Default Steven Discontinues Stacks
    I and many others are greatly confused why such a great app has suddenly been stopped. Stack will also be pulled from cydia from what ive heard. so get it fast, because it might not be there anymore soon.....

High Caffeine Content: Stack Discontinued

i dont know why it is a great app

i was looking forward to future updates

bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Stacks Developer
    Stack will be removed from Cydia soon, so please grab a copy for yourself quick if you wish to keep it. Existing copies should continue to work for any jailbroken 2.x version of iPhone OS.
    Get it while you can

Ive already made a file with every file from stacks.... Its on my desktop with the name of "DO NOT DELETE!"

haha. Good thinking

lol

too bad you cant redistribute it

nope, I think that's the whole problem

idk tough.... him not relaleasing 2.2 smells fishy......i dont think we're getting the whole story....

He does make a good point as to why he is stopping Stacks. His sales of Lights Off has plummeted because of the cracking community. As a punishment, he is stopping Stacks. Although it will harm many more innocent people than the crackers of his app, I can see his stance as to why he does not want to support the jailbreaking community anymore because they have done him wrong...

A perfect reason why we should support our Devs 100% and not steal from them.
    I hope this doesn't become a new trend.

Thanks

i figured he was pulling the whole "demand" thing.. If he takes it out then people will want it again, and then he will probably re-release it for a fee. I don't think that this is the right answer in terms of punishment. Stuff gets stolen everyday whether it be tangible or something you get online. The punishment should go to the person who stole. We are NOT GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe Apple bought it from him, and asked him to publish a message condoning piracy of Lights Off. Kills two birds with one stone.
    If he just made this decision, why demo 2.2 days earlier?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    Maybe Apple bought it from him, and asked him to publish a message condoning piracy of Lights Off. Kills two birds with one stone.
    If he just made this decision, why demo 2.2 days earlier?!
    I doubt Apple would buy it from him. Their programmers are way too sophisticated. If Apple were to utilize stacks in a future update (which I don't really see, due to other requests with much higher priorities, but then again you know apple ) they would create it from scratch making it much more powerful than the Cydia version. I think the Cydia version is decent, but not necessary nor does it really make browsing for apps that much faster.. Categories makes more sense at a first glance..
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by alien mars18 View Post
    idk tough.... him not relaleasing 2.2 smells fishy......
    To me, it seems like devs always do that when discontinuing a project. Hype everyone up for the next release, then quit without even open-sourcing it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

I really hope that he finds a way to keep it on cydia....im going to miss this app if i have to restore or upgrade....
    Sent from my iPad

I don't understand how you guys don't get it. It's just like anything in life. Take the storm theme for example. Ebl made the theme and what happened??? People STOLE it from him. All these peoples hard work only to be stolen. The message is clear..stop stealing apps. Buy stuff. It's simple. Most apps cost the same as a freakin hamburger yet people throw fits about paying for something. I'm glad he's taking it down. Let this be a message to everyone with instalous on thier phones installing cracked apps...it IS a big deal and people ARE being effected by your selfishness