Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hotmail works

Default Hotmail works
    Maybe I didn't try hard enough at first. but hotmail can be used in mail now. may have something to do with MS adding pop3 to live accounts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudnut For This Useful Post:

confucious (2009-02-14)

Good find. I abandoned hotmail years ago, but some may find this useful

Well bugger me!

It does work

I've been using m.Box Mail which wasn't very good. This is fantastic news for me

Pity it's not easier to switch between accounts as I have my Exchange account and Hotmail as my two main accounts (with Gmail and yahoo as backups)

I'm surprised I haven't seen this before - it didn't work last time I tried.

thanks
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

As you can just set up your hotmail account as any other there is no need to forward to another account now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Most, but not all hotmail accounts are working with MS vowing the rest will come soon.

Mine works, hopefully yours will too soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does it show your junk box, sent, deleted, and all your saved folders like mbox?

I just found out about this earlier today from this page:
    Hotmail now works (for most) on the iPhone in many countries iPhonestalk.com

It works! I tried it a day or two before that news and it didn't then. I was just stewing (angry) about the situation because my solution didn't work... configure Hotmail to forward to gmail, prove that you own the hotmail address to gmail and use gmail to send messages with your hotmail return address desn't work because hotmail give an error saying that you can only forward to hotmail domains or custom domains (registered with Windows Live). Hmmm... well what's with the warning about deleting it if you rely on forwarding and don't log in? What about Premium members?

I'm elated. I still wish I could move messages around between folders, but this is better than the other solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by bookem15 View Post
    Does it show your junk box, sent, deleted, and all your saved folders like mbox?
    Nope.

Mine shows my inbox and trash only.
    But all formatting works and links are clickable - unlike mbox!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

This a problem I have with Gmail. I lost junk, sent, deleted folders on my Gmail account. Just have inbox. anyone know a fix for this?

Hotmail has been behind the curve for years now. I've abandoned it many years ago I think when gmail came out.

Quote Originally Posted by llckll View Post
    Hotmail has been behind the curve for years now. I've abandoned it many years ago I think when gmail came out.
    I still use my trusty hotmail account. Almost gave up on it when they had the junk mail problem but now I get less junk on hotmail than I do on gmail or yahoo and I don't really use those two accounts.
    My hotmail account is the one I use all over the net and I've had it for more years than I care to remember.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think I will just keep my mbox it is not perfect but all of my folders are available to me and I can clean up my emails better with mbox. Hotmail needs to catch up with the rest of the world!!

sweeeeeeeeeeeet. bout time!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I can only see Inbox and Trash and every email is marked un read even though it has been read. Oh well better wait it ou, I hope push is implemented, I womder why only Yahoo! has it and not Gmail.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

That's the case with any pop3 account, so I just deal with it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

CZroe (2009-02-26)