Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Optiscan brings blackberry feature to iphone.

Default Optiscan brings blackberry feature to iphone.
    recently i was browsing the appstore when i came across this app
    <a href="http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304099767&mt=8">Optiscan</a>. The purpose of this app is to scan QR codes using the built in camera. The app runs currently at $4.99 in the appstore. i cant even tell you how many times i have seen threads asking for this app. now here it is

enjoy!!!

What does this do that the free ones don't?

And with Microsoft releasing their 'tags' it will be interesting to see if they take market share from QR codes, although, of course, QR codes can be printed in B&W and TAGS can't!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    What does this do that the free ones don't?,
    Among other things:

* Real-time scanning
    * History and saved items
    * Share contact details, url, or free text as a QR code
    * Customized image processing to improve performance and accuracy
    * Supports UTF-8, ISO-8859, and Shift-JIS.
    * Customer support.

The upcoming version (submitted today, so should be on sale soon) has several improvements, including internationalization. Optiscan is on sale at $3.99 until the next version goes on sale, when the price will revert to $4.99.

Disclaimer - I'm the CTO of Airsource, so don't take my word for it - but check out the reviews on the App Store.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jbb1003 For This Useful Post:

confucious (2009-02-25)

Quote Originally Posted by jbb1003 View Post
    Disclaimer - I'm the CTO of Airsource,
    Thanks for the answer - I assumed it would provide some extra features but no-one said what.

I'll take a look
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.