Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New iPhone to be released in Jan. with 3G

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I wonder where you are leaving, where I am (Charlotte) it is hardly everywhere! At people's house (and usually they use a password) and that's it. At my company we have wifi for customer's only which means you need to get a 10 hour ticket with a password which you need to reenter when you connect to a website every time you take the phone out. I know one restaurant which has free wifi otherwise around where we are. If you have to pay for a wifi subscription in addition to your cell phone data subscription it starts to be very expensive
    Oh I live in Canada, I get WIFI in the downtown core pretty easily. Even if you dont have WIFI, you have EDGE, you got any 3G networks around you?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    i smell a poll..
    lets do it
     Think Different

Along with the battery issues, the other problem with 3G is that barely anyone has it. Mind you that the cities that do have it have the more people compared to smaller cities. But there are only about 100 cities out of almost 20,000 cities in the US that have 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dash-2 View Post
    Along with the battery issues, the other problem with 3G is that barely anyone has it. Mind you that the cities that do have it have the more people compared to smaller cities. But there are only about 100 cities out of almost 20,000 cities in the US that have 3G.
    Loved that article, foam suction darts in the library, I should try that one day. I know for certain that 3G hasn't made its way into Canada and not too many people even know EDGE exists. Dash, you got any numbers on how much 3G costs?

I believe this is the last product I will ever buy from Apple. Don't get me wrong they come out with some nice nice products but they are releasing new stuff almost too fast. I sounds pretty stupid even saying that but that is the type of **** that pisses customers off that actually want to enjoy their "NEW" product for a while. Sorta like if you went out and bought a brand new 7 Series BMW expecting it to be "NEW" for a year.. imagine they release newer models of cars every 3 months haha.. Who would want to ever buy a new car again? I think that goes the same for most products out there.

Seems like this is the way that technology is taking everyone. As soon as a product is finalized and released there has already been a new one already in the making. Seemingly makes every "NEW" product almost obsolete as it is release. Looks like some angle of production is going to need to catch up or customers are not going to want to spend the "release date cash".

I could care less about 3G here.. It would be nice but I'm not about to go out and buy another damn iphone after apple already tried to screw me over with the price cut (thank god I got my full refund unlike others because I would be livid).

I personally have WIFI almost anywhere I go and if I don't, someones neighbor does haha. Nothin like default security passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by cruid View Post
    I believe this is the last product I will ever buy from Apple. Don't get me wrong they come out with some nice nice products but they are releasing new stuff almost too fast. I sounds pretty stupid even saying that but that is the type of **** that pisses customers off that actually want to enjoy their "NEW" product for a while. Sorta like if you went out and bought a brand new 7 Series BMW expecting it to be "NEW" for a year.. imagine they release newer models of cars every 3 months haha.. Who would want to ever buy a new car again? I think that goes the same for most products out there.

Seems like this is the way that technology is taking everyone. As soon as a product is finalized and released there has already been a new one already in the making. Seemingly makes every "NEW" product almost obsolete as it is release. Looks like some angle of production is going to need to catch up or customers are not going to want to spend the "release date cash".

I could care less about 3G here.. It would be nice but I'm not about to go out and buy another damn iphone after apple already tried to screw me over with the price cut (thank god I got my full refund unlike others because I would be livid).

I personally have WIFI almost anywhere I go and if I don't, someones neighbor does haha. Nothin like default security passwords.
    Personally you are comparing oranges and apples here. Cars for a reason take a year out because the cost of making them is higher than the cost of selling them. They have to develop the car, market research and what not to make sure the car sells. Releasing it every 3-4 months wouldn't be financially sound.
    For electronics, you dont have to do market research or anything unless you are making a new product. Otherwise you can take what works for you, change the look of it and repackage it. That is how slim down TVs, Consoles and electronics works. Look at cellphones, one model is usually outdated in 6 months, if not less. You can look at consoles and they are always pushing out new models, slimming down and stuff. This is to give their products new blood, interest other people and get people to buy them. You can look at Apple and their Ipod line, they have a new model every year. How do you think people felt last year thinking they got a good model but this year they got the new fat nanos and touchs?
    Last edited by danman227460; 2007-10-13 at 11:43 PM.

Hey, my sister's friend's uncle who has a friend who works for at&t said there will be an 80gb iPhone with 3G!!!11
    OMG

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    Right...there's a solid, commited business plan.

An iPod-optional version is also in the pipeline. Start holding your breath...now.
    I can hope can't I

Seems like this is the way that technology is taking everyone. As soon as a product is finalized and released there has already been a new one already in the making.

This is because it takes a lot of time to develop technology and get it approved. You must be new to electronics because that is the world of electronics... 6 months later, something newer and better is out. It's not just Apple. The bottom line is Apple makes superior products... especially superior computers. Not to buy something from them just because they have the same problems as every electronics producer in the world makes no sense.

Thanks

This is old news, this news was out a month after iPhone's launch.
    3G was going to be enabled for Europe & Asia users, since 3G is very well structured in these nations.

P.S. According to Apple sources: The present iPhone already supports 3G, A2DP and some unknown features, which will be unlocked with future firmware updates. Apple is constraint about the Battery life, that's why its not very keen to release these features into the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    This is old news, this news was out a month after iPhone's launch.
    3G was going to be enabled for Europe & Asia users, since 3G is very well structured in these nations.

P.S. According to Apple sources: The present iPhone already supports 3G, A2DP and some unknown features, which will be unlocked with future firmware updates. Apple is constraint about the Battery life, that's why its not very keen to release these features into the market.
    I can care less about 3G ... but A2DP on the otherhand ... i would love for that to be opened up, I was quite frustarted when i got my iphone and found out that my expensive bluetooth stereo headphones wouldnt work .....

Default I agree...

I agree...they better slow down. It's would be very hard for a company like Apple to recover from "market fatigue".

Quote Originally Posted by DoerrFan View Post
    Id expect them to have a EDGE and a 3G model, so you can choose what is more important, 3G or Battery Life.
    what about real gps? triangulation accuracy is killing me, I want turn by turn navigation! good grief, a $48 BlackJack 2 can do that and 3G!

People who work for ATT around here barely know anything about the current phones they offer, let alone anything in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12