Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac user needs advice

Thanks

Default Mac user needs advice
    Hey guys,
    My iphone was unlocked for me by my very anxious friend who owns a PC, the phone was apparanty unlocked using the following software; anysim, ibrckr and packay. I am a Mac user and would love to personalize and mod my phone? iFuntastic 3.0 looks wicked, but I don't know what to do. Am I at the mercy of a PC? I have installer on my phone and it's great but I want to custom design my screen and icons.
    Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Best bet, use Transmit.app. Log into your iPhone Wifi address and mod away.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cWanja View Post
    Best bet, use Transmit.app. Log into your iPhone Wifi address and mod away.
    yeap one of the good way to get around
     Think Different

Thanks

Thanks fellas, I greatly appreciate your advice. Transmit.app is something that I am unaware of but am willing to learn.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, is this my only option? Since my phone was unlocked on a PC have I lost out on the all the Mac modding software?
    Cheers!

which version do you have? 1.1.1??
    anyway, all you really need is installer.app the rest will follow with the 3rd party softeares available thru installer.app. Best ones be summerboard or iswitcher, customize, nes, ssh-if you want to explore the root via mac, etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
    Thanks fellas, I greatly appreciate your advice. Transmit.app is something that I am unaware of but am willing to learn.
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, is this my only option? Since my phone was unlocked on a PC have I lost out on the all the Mac modding software?
    Cheers!
    Not at all, you simply have to Sync your phone with your Mac iTunes and then you'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Not at all, you simply have to Sync your phone with your Mac iTunes and then you'll be good to go.
    Install openssh with the installer program, then use cyberduck to sftp into the phone and you will have complete directory access to do whatever you want.

......epic

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You can use Fugu just as well. I never had any luck with it, but then again I am not having success getting into my iPhone 1.1.1 with Transmit but am able to SSH through Terminal. Me = stumpted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cWanja View Post
    You can use Fugu just as well. I never had any luck with it, but then again I am not having success getting into my iPhone 1.1.1 with Transmit but am able to SSH through Terminal. Me = stumpted.
    In Transmit are you switching the protocol to SFTP? It's my favorite ftp app to use and it works with the iPhone quite well.

Thanks

The wealth of knowledge out here is mind numbing, wow!
    To give a little history without repition of what I've said, I have a version 1.0.2 purchased just at the time 1.1.1 was released. Unlocked on a PC, running just fine up here in Canada. Once again thank you for all your advice, I will look into iswitcher as well. I like the ease of use with installer, but of course it limits me to preset themes as opposed to my own images.
    Will cyberduck work, despite my phone being unlocked on a PC? I'd hate to lose it all on my greed to customize.
    Cheers!

Just because the phone was unlocked using a PC doesn't mean you cant mess with it on a Mac. Just get yourself a ftp program (Cyberduck / fugu) and have fun.