Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing mobilephone.app icon

Default Missing mobilephone.app icon
    I have a problem I need help with.

I'm running 1.1.4 on my iPhone, and recently decided to mod it with a keypad dialer skin.

I copied the files in the Surra-Black dialer with iPhonebrowser, and things seemed to be working fine, until, I pressed the + key, to make an international call. Turned out the + key had been disabled completely.

Anyways, I got scared, and decided to do a clean re-install of the mobilephone.app, which I downloaded from the Native Apps on MMI.

Installed all the files in the correct directories and restarted iPhone. Now the Phone icon is completely missing from the dock, and I have no clue how to get it back in there. Its not even present anywhere else on my Summerboard.

Repeated resprings have not helped.

Someone please advise me how I can get back the Phone icon back onto the dock, so that I can make calls. Until then, I've only 3 icons on the dock, and there's a missing (blank) space where the Phone icon used to be.

Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: Ok, the problem appears graver. Even after completely reinstalling all the files in the Mobilephone.app directory - and restarting the phone, not only is the Phone icon missing, but none of the other icons work. Pressing any icon just darkens it, but no applications are launched! I have a ton of apps and other stuff on the phone, and really dont wanna restore the phone. Would really appreciate if some guru could help me sort out this mess.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2008-03-28 at 11:55 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

you shouldn't mess with stock apps.
    i recommend a restore
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Did you set the +x attribute on the phone app after you installed it and the other binaries in that directory?
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.