Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Deleting an app

Default Deleting an app
    I've done a search, but probably am using the wrong query terms...

Anyway, how can I remove an app from the iPhone? Cyberduck to delete? I'm not interested in the YouTube or Stocks apps that come with the phone and would like to make room for others.

Thanks - CM

I think you may try rSBT first - to hide the applications you don't want to see instead of deleting them.

rSBT can be found in Installer.

If you really want to remove a stock app (not recommended).
    Browse to the folder /Applications/TheApp and delete the folder using Cyberduck (or Finder, or iBrickr or Breezy)

Yeah, best bet is to use rSBT....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Man View Post
    I've done a search, but probably am using the wrong query terms...

Anyway, how can I remove an app from the iPhone? Cyberduck to delete? I'm not interested in the YouTube or Stocks apps that come with the phone and would like to make room for others.

Thanks - CM
    Couldn't you possibly delete if via "finder". Finder permits you to browse the apps in their folders and then you can choose to delete them. This of course an alternative unistall via "installer". Hope this helps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rxmxsh's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, you can use CyberDuck to delete it, or MobileFinder, but why not just use rbst and hide the icons you aren't using, as other have suggested? I wouldn't mess w/the stock programs. I'm sure there's no harm, but I still wouldn't...

cyber duck works quite well

Thanks for all the pointers everyone. I've figured out that Customize or SummerBoard allows scrolling of the home window, so I'm not in need of deleting apps to make room for others.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I deleted stocks and the unlock app from my iphone using independence.easy.

Default Removing an app
    Quote Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
    Yes, you can use CyberDuck to delete it, or MobileFinder, but why not just use rbst and hide the icons you aren't using, as other have suggested? I wouldn't mess w/the stock programs. I'm sure there's no harm, but I still wouldn't...
    Hey ppl,
    i installed bsd subsystem through installer(apptap), i want to remove it but when i go to the uninstall tab it only says reinstall there is no uninstall, i think the best would be to remove apptap and reinstall it, could someone help me to uninstall apptap please, im a windows user so i dont think i can use the cyber duck,
    thanks a lot ppl

Quote Originally Posted by suiduck View Post
    I think you may try rSBT first - to hide the applications you don't want to see instead of deleting them.

rSBT can be found in Installer.
    I cannot find a rSBT in the installer app