Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: program request

Default program request
    I, as well as everyone else here, would be highly interested in the development of software that could automate all the steps of skinning and ringtones. There would obviously be a financial incentive. Everyone spread the word.

Sounds good to me im with ya on that.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

I believe one of the guys had a script ready, and was trying to figure out how to integrate it into iphoneinterface...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

You need to check out this. Its FREE.

http://code.google.com/p/manzana/

Found this, It makes puting images and ringtones on it a breeze!

Yeah helps those who use windows, we need a mac version

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Doesn't seem to work.
    I have downloaded all three versions and created the missing directories. Can drag files in but not sure where they are going. Anyone have any insight? Wondering if you use it while in iphoneinterface? Have to wait till i get home.

i wrote a script but theyd need to code the next iphoneinterface to run scripts and also allow putfile/directiory/directory/file
    and it seems the next version that comes out will be mounting the iphone for drag and drop on osx so it might not be needed.
    but i guess it would speed up installation of a full theme. so yea. if i knew how to post on the wiki id ask to add code to run a shell script with directory access under phonedmg

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Default It Works!!!
    I tried when i got home and it works. You can see all the files but you cannot get them. You can delete and drag and drop new files in. Works fantastic for skinning and ringtones.

how easy is manzana? do you also have to update the service.plist each and everytime you mod your phone using manzana? does it require jailbreak or iphoneinterface?

yes it requires jailbreak and if you use the newest version you dont need to replace the plist and you dont need iphoneinterface but i wouldnt delete it.

Varmit, you are the f-ing man. I don't know how you came across that. But unfortunately, I have all macs running. If I use the windows software for the hack, will it have to reformat my iphone because it's mac based?

You cant run windows software on osx, you would have to bootcamp. And you wont need to format like the iPod either.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post
    You cant run windows software on osx, you would have to bootcamp.
    Well theres Parallels, too. Getting better all the time.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Yeah, parallels works too, deleted that one though

Thanks

Has anyone thought of using a pipe (mkfifo) to echo a sqcript into iphoneinterace's shell?
    call the interface like so: iphoneinterface < //tmp/myphone.fifo and in another terminal cat a script (with all the commands one would type manually into iphoneinterce to copy down their theme. ie:
    mkfifo /tmp/myphonefifo
    cat ./mod-script.sh > /tmp/myphone.fifo
    I did a simple one liner which ran a cd command, it worked but I didnt end it with an << echo $EOF (or maybe a quit) and the iphoneinterface shell went into continous linefeeds, which makes sense as the script would need to terminate.
    Well, I just ran the update and got the default "OS", and I often spend a lot of time to save a little time but do it with style...I'm suprised no one has done this yet....
    props to the cash and pf!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,254 Times in 649 Posts

this is rapidly developing, works great, expect further advancements and development shortly

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1376