Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Do You Avoid 1.1.1 Update?!?

Exclamation How Do You Avoid 1.1.1 Update?!?
    I just wanted to put music on my phone and iTunes asked if I wanted to update to 1.1.1 and I hit cancel. All the sudden when my iPhone was sync to the computer the storage meter was at 5.16 GBs in the "other" category (orange) I reset my phone and it still said 5.16 GBs of other. so I am not to sure if this is Apple's way of getting me to restore my iPhone and get it relocked and what-not. But I was wondering if it was possible to download the new firmware to my computer and not my iPhone so it would stop the problems? I have an unlocked iPhone, using AT&T and I have 3rd party Apps on it. Should I wait until they hack the new firmware or what? Any Suggestions?

Don't update!

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freshfitz View Post
    Don't update!
    yea that simple as it
     Think Different

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyikeda View Post
    I just wanted to put music on my phone and iTunes asked if I wanted to update to 1.1.1 and I hit cancel. All the sudden when my iPhone was sync to the computer the storage meter was at 5.16 GBs in the "other" category (orange) I reset my phone and it still said 5.16 GBs of other. so I am not to sure if this is Apple's way of getting me to restore my iPhone and get it relocked and what-not. But I was wondering if it was possible to download the new firmware to my computer and not my iPhone so it would stop the problems? I have an unlocked iPhone, using AT&T and I have 3rd party Apps on it. Should I wait until they hack the new firmware or what? Any Suggestions?
    The "other" had nothing to do with the new firmware. I got the "other" last week...all orange....took up all my memories..couldnt sync no more because of lack of memories..I called up Apple, they knew about the "other" problem..the only fix is to restore, and resync...which i did...had to remodded the iphone all over again.

I am running 1.0.2 and itunes version 7.3.2.6

you should be ok..just restore..and resync..and remod.

JUST DO NOT UPGRADE NEW FIRMWARE

Turn your internet off!!!