Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Impossible to Brick

Default Impossible to Brick
    im not sure if its actually possible to brick an iphone, i dont know a whole lot about them because mine isnt supposed to arrive until tomorrow but i have hacked many an ipod, including putting compact flash in a 4g or graphics and OS changes and ive never bricked one.

if youre just messing with software you should be able to restore it at any point and be back to normal. i would expect it has a boot rom that tells it what it is and knows how to communicate with your computer enough to allow restore/format.

if you can actually brick one tell me about it please but so far i feel like im back in the days of ipodwizard with people who dont know what they are talking about
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i think there's been a few bricks out there... and definitely some scares with endless reboots and such.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

i was stuck in a endless reboot but i found a way to get out of if without restoring,

ahh ipodwizard good times good times

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

How you fixed it??? Im in a constant RESTORE...every time I turn on the Iphone I get the yellow triangle asking me to connect the Iphone to Itunes!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Well I think we can learn from the PSP community where the Pandora application has made it impossible to brick the PSP, which is the easiest thing to brick on the market.