Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make sure i stay at firmware 1.0.2

When i set the iphone to factory restore, it does not download the 1.0.2 firmware, it just loads it because it is saved. If 1.0.3 is out, can i disable the download?

Quote Originally Posted by scandals View Post
    I am in the same situation. I have a refurb 8GB coming on Saturday and I am not sure if it has the required 1.0.2 firmware installed or not. I downloaded said firmware, but I am wondering if there is a way to place the .ipsw on your hard drive and get iTunes to recognize that you have 1.0.2 installed and ready for an iPhone restore/update. That way you can just carry on like you had the/an iPhone plugged in and/or updated previous to receiving it. I placed the file in ~/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw, but noticed that the iPod updates also have a related .signature file which I assume somehow connects the .ipsw to iTunes??? Correct me If i am barking up the wrong tree....

I guess what all of us want to know is: if apple updates the software tomorrow (to 1.0.3 or 1.1, whatever) and it breaks the unlock process, and one acquires an iPhone with 1.0.1 or earlier, what will be the process to update it to 1.0.2? Can we still trick iTunes into using 1.0.2 if we have the file on hand? If so, what is the process? I think we need some clarification from someone that might have more experience with all this. Thanks in advance, this site is absolutely amazing, as are the people in these forums.
    Same situation here....
    Can some please email me the said signature file it should be named:
    iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw.signature
    and resides in ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/

I'm pretty sure the signature file is needed to have iTunes restore the phone.

Mail is ckaas "at" mac.com

Thanks guys!

Thanks

Hey "Spike1911"
    The file that you seek, firmware 1.0.2 is available on this site in the download section.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
    Hey "Spike1911"
    The file that you seek, firmware 1.0.2 is available on this site in the download section.
    No it's not...

I'm looking for the signature file not the firmware itself - i've got that one a long time agon already. (have been in the PSP business ;-))

The file i am looking for is on EVERY iphone owner's harddrive on a mac.
    See my previous post.

But thanks for your tip anyway - great to have a living community here!

I probably will go with the turbosim hack on my phone. I had ordered and stocked one of this little things last week.
    This way i can keep the iphone "undamaged" ;-)

no you do not need the signature file, itunes does everityng you need

If you do not need your hand held, the basic way to do this now is to download the 1.0.2 firmware file, and when you open up iTunes, instead of just clicking Restore, click SHIFT+Restore (in Windows) or OPTION+Restore (in OS X), and iTunes will ASK you which firmware file you want to use to restore. Then choose the 1.0.2 file you just downloaded. This will allow you to update to 1.0.2, instead of 1.1.1.

READ THE GUIDES THEY HAVE BEEN UPDATED
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1

i think i might have done something wrong because every time i download the firm ware file it gives me the 1.1.1 anyway to get 1.0.2?

this is the part im stuck at. i downloaded the link and i get a desktop folder named iphone 1,1_1-1 with numerous folders planted within it. i downloaded the link directly from the guide. now when i click option+restore i get a box where i can chose from desktop, hdd, well pretty much anything on my computer. i can select that folder but it just takes me deeper into it and im not sure which one to select from there. any help?

i was wondering the same as posted above me. is there a specific file i need to click on. thanks in advance for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12