Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Ringtones with iTunes 7.4.2!!

Default Custom Ringtones with iTunes 7.4.2!!
    I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place, but after an hour of messing with my iPhone, I figured out how to do this. I used Cyberduck to SSH in and instead of copying files to /Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones, I just copied my .mp3 versions to /Library/Ringtones and there they were. No rebooting, no iTunes involved, and they are .mp3!! Sorry if this is already up here, but I couldn't find it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jhart75 For This Useful Post:

ronnibravo (2007-10-13)

Do they work as ringtones??? have you tried that bit out or are they just visible?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yea they work as ringtones... this is the method I have been installing ringtones from the beggining... no problems with itunes, although I dunno if i have the latest/..

Yeah. They work great. I can't believe I had to restore my phone twice before I figured this out. Hope this helps someone!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Glad to see some ppl that realize you don't need iTunes to have custom ringtones.

I'm actually working on a complex script for Tapp that will sync your Camera Roll photos and Ringtones to relative directories on your Mac/PC.

So you just drop Ringtones in the dir, tap a Sync button in Tapp and they sync.

I'm still at iTunes 4.7.1 and refuse to upgrade until there's a reason to. =)

I just use fugu to SSH into the phone so far I have had great luck uploading roms and ringtones...

Thanks! I've been tryin for days to get my ringtones on my iphone without anything messin up. Sometimes it's the simple things that work!

Default Please Help
    Can someone post me a link to download itunes 7.4.12 or 7.4.2 as i cant find it anywhere on the net.

Thanks

Chris