Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't use SSH to mod!

Default Can't use SSH to mod!
    II tried to use cyberduck and fugu but for some reason it wouldn't let me connect no matter what (I'm sure its something with the wifi) is there any other way I can access my iphone's files without using wifi? thanx

You can use Ibrickr (WinPC), its just a little more of a pain.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

Chantecleer (2008-03-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chantecleer View Post
    II tried to use cyberduck and fugu but for some reason it wouldn't let me connect no matter what (I'm sure its something with the wifi) is there any other way I can access my iphone's files without using wifi? thanx
    Are you selecting "SFTP" instead of "FTP" in cyberduck and fugu? I use Transmit for all my SSH and FTP needs.

You can install AFP with Bonjour from the Copycoders source and it will show up on your Mac desktop when you choose "Network" in Finder (on your MAc). You will need a working wifi connection for this.

Alternatively you can install Terminal and mobileFinder onto your phone and access it directly.

cheers,
    e
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-13 at 06:48 AM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

Chantecleer (2008-03-13)

Quote Originally Posted by echo View Post
    Are you selecting "SFTP" instead of "FTP" in cyberduck and fugu? I use Transmit for all my SSH and FTP needs.

You can install AFP with Bonjour from the Copycoders source and it will show up on your Mac desktop when you choose "Network" in Finder (on your MAc). You will need a working wifi connection for this.

Alternatively you can install Terminal and mobileFinder onto your phone and access it directly.

cheers,
    e
    I really don't know what you are saying, but I'l try! My father closed down ALL ports (except for interenet) and I think that's the problem. thanx tho

I tried to get mobilefinder, but it said main script execution failed.... and how do i access network from finder? and also i fixed up fugu but it needs a password and i tried dottie but it won't work! man i really confused lol

installed afp with bonjour, now how do i use it?
    Last edited by Chantecleer; 2008-03-14 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I really don't know what you are saying, but I'l try! My father closed down ALL ports (except for interenet) and I think that's the problem. thanx tho
    Most FTP clients (Cyberduck, fugu, Transmit, etc.) there is an option to select the kind of protocol you want to use to connect. For example in Transmit, there are FTP, FTP with Implicit SSL, FTP with TSL/SSL, SFTP, WebDAV, WebDAV HTTPS, Amazon S3. You have to select the SFTP protocol option.

Protocol selection should be on the same page where you input information, such as Server, Username, and Password, in order to connect. Look out for "Protocol" with a drop down menu.

I tried to get mobilefinder, but it said main script execution failed.... and how do i access network from finder? and also i fixed up fugu but it needs a password and i tried dottie but it won't work! man i really confused

installed afp with bonjour, now how do i use it?

Your password is not "dottie". As of 1.1.1 its "alpine" so try that. To access with AFP, go to your Mac's finder (ie open up a finder window).

- In the sidebar, you should see your HDD, and below it "Network".
    - Click on "Network" and give it a second (Make sure your iphone is on and connected to the same wifi network as your Mac).
    - After a few seconds, your iphone should show up.
    - Select "iPhone" and click on "Connect".
    - Enter "root" for the name and "alpine for the password.
    - You have 2 choices to connect to. "iPhone's Root Filesystem" & "Root home".
    - Select "iPhone Root Filesystem" and that should now be in your sidebar of your Finder window.
    - You have now access to your iPhone's files.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to echo For This Useful Post:

Chantecleer (2008-03-14)

wow thanks man everything works now! You sure are smart!

RE:

- In the sidebar, you should see your HDD, and below it "Network".
    - Click on "Network" and give it a second (Make sure your iphone is on and connected to the same wifi network as your Mac).
    - After a few seconds, your iphone should show up.
    - Select "iPhone" and click on "Connect".
    - Enter "root" for the name and "alpine for the password.
    - You have 2 choices to connect to. "iPhone's Root Filesystem" & "Root home".
    - Select "iPhone Root Filesystem" and that should now be in your sidebar of your Finder window.
    - You have now access to your iPhone's files.

That doesnt work for me either... i dont see the iphone sow up..GRRRR

doese that mean my mac and iphone cant connect???

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

you have to have afp installed on your phone first and make sure they are connected to the same airport network. If you dont have a wireless router (airport base station or other) you can create an ad-hoc network by creating a network under the airport menubar. It should say "Create Network..." do that and then connect to that network with your iphone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.