Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget.app: help

Default Widget.app: help
    I've installed the Widget application (via the Installer on the iPhone).

The instructions state, "You basically have to install the System/Library/WidgetResources folder from your Mac onto your iPhone (into the same place), and then pop the widgets themselves into /var/root/Library/Widgets in the iPhone."

When I look at my iPhone files, I see what looks like the same files under "Widget Resources" that are on my Mac, so I'm not sure about the necessity to copy those files from my Mac to my iPhone.

I've installed a couple of Widgets from my Mac to my iPhone. So far I haven't found one that worked -- they just sort of sit there, not allowing for text input (such as adding city to the Weather widget).

Just curious if I did something wrong, or if this is just symptoms of a yet to be fully implemented application.

Thanks!

when they say "install" do they mean copy? i didn't understand that either, so didn't go through with it

"Installing the widgets" just means copying them from your Mac to the directory in the iPhone.

As far as the "Widget Resources" folder, that's what got me confused, since that seemed to already exist on the iPhone. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to copy and *overwrite* what was on the phone, so I didn't do that part.

I'm guessing the widgets just aren't ready for prime-time.