Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac PPC

Default Mac PPC
    From the looks of it there is no way to mod if you are running a PPC?

If so, why? Is there anyway around it?

Thanks!

How do you figure? I'm using a PPC. Run the .app installer, that will work. I am also running iFuntastic to mod my phone. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by MacHacker View Post
    How do you figure? I'm using a PPC. Run the .app installer, that will work. I am also running iFuntastic to mod my phone. Works great.
    i cant get a damned thing to change...

Make sure you restore your phone FROM iTunes FIRST not from iFun. make sure you are using ifun3.5. this will put installer on your phone for you. from there just take your time sometimes I have to replace a tone or icon a few times before it will take and sometimes you will have to turn your phone on then off for it to take.
    I was only using iFun then I loaded SSH to my phone and FuGu to my computer (MAC) and am now draging items over with no problem.
    PM me if you need to.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

howard (2007-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Make sure you restore your phone FROM iTunes FIRST not from iFun. make sure you are using ifun3.5. this will put installer on your phone for you. from there just take your time sometimes I have to replace a tone or icon a few times before it will take and sometimes you will have to turn your phone on then off for it to take.
    I was only using iFun then I loaded SSH to my phone and FuGu to my computer (MAC) and am now draging items over with no problem.
    PM me if you need to.
    that is where im having the problem... how do i change or where do i change the icons?

Ok (iFuntastic) if you have a bunch of icon.png's then you go to the specific application like SMS ans then open that up, find the icon.png in there on the left hand side is a little blue box you can click on, choose replace and find your new icon. do this for each application you want to change. OR if you have the whole application in an application folder (a lot of the themes are like this now) then you can just drag and drop OR do the process above this will completly change your home screen you wont have the old icon sets anymore. I installed summer board and have been messing around with that, changes wallpaper, and icons. there is a ton to choose from now as well. I am trying my hand at my own summerboard theme but I dont have photoshop so it is kind hard creating. but I am learning. I also started to use Openssh on most things. it is a little easier now that I have learned a little about it. (plus you can always restore!! )
    One word of advise: I dont use the homescreen tab in iFun it puts a black box around all the icons, if you want to move icons around download rSBT from installer works GREAT!! you can even hide icons you dont want (I hid stocks)

Ifun: method one above, go to file manager, then in the second area click the drop down arrow in the very top box and go to the desired application, look for icon.png and replace.

method two: file manager/home (click the home button)/applications

Good luck and let me know how it works for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

howard (2007-09-19)

rock... thanks

did it work?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    did it work?
    nope... ha. it is seriously pissing me off too....

Quote Originally Posted by howard View Post
    nope... ha. it is seriously pissing me off too....
    what is weird is that in ifun - it shows the icon as changed but it hasnt on my phone.... yes i did restart the phone too... ARGH!!!!!
    Last edited by howard; 2007-09-19 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeah I had that happen to me too. when I was just uploading the icon.png I think that is when I changed to open ssh. If you have the whole application file that the newer themes are making then you can drop that whole thing in and it will create a folder over whatever was there first i.e. mail will create a new mail folder overwriting the old with the new icon in it. that is what I did for my wife. I gave up doing that on my phone. for now I am just using summerboard. I am trying to create my own theme but having trouble with it.

Sorry I was not more helpful

13. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

howard (2007-09-19)