Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes won't sync

Default iTunes won't sync
    I finally got my phone unlocked, awesome! But now there's a problem. I searched and this problem seems to be different than the others'.

When I attach my iPhone to my computer (OS X), iTunes launches. Then it brings up the syncing screen on my iPhone and the bars scroll in itunes as if it's syncing. Then a few seconds later in iTunes, at the top it says "iTunes sync is complete. OK to disconnect."

It is reading the device, but I can't sync it thus can't transfer music/vids/etc. I tried putting it back in jail (i forgot to do that earlier), but it still does the same thing. It is currently in jail, i don't know if that matters. What could be the problem?

---------- EDIT ------------

Ok I think I solved it myself. Wow I am really new at this. So apparently it doesn't work like an iPod where you can drag and drop files into it from your library, you can only use the sync option (correct me if I'm wrong). I created a new playlist called iPhone and synced it to my phone and it worked just fine. At least this info is here for others to see I guess.
    Last edited by gazapo; 2007-09-19 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost